PDA

View Full Version : what was this bookk called please help?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

kennyuk
August 11th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I was hoping someone would be able to help me out a bit. I am trying to find the title of a book a read sometime last year that was the first in trilogy I think. But I just cannot find the book or remember the title of it.

It was set in part on an ice moon Titan I think. The main charter was a pilot that could not fly due to a brain injury so he had to mine ice. One day he got lost and fell into a deep pit there some alien machine talks to him. Tell him he needs to steel a space ship and crash in an asteroid to save earth.
In the end he saves earth with the help of two mining robots then endings outside of the galaxy.

Any know what the book might be called?

JimF
August 11th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I was hoping someone would be able to help me out a bit. I am trying to find the title of a book a read sometime last year that was the first in trilogy I think. But I just cannot find the book or remember the title of it.

It was set in part on an ice moon Titan I think. The main charter was a pilot that could not fly due to a brain injury so he had to mine ice. One day he got lost and fell into a deep pit there some alien machine talks to him. Tell him he needs to steel a space ship and crash in an asteroid to save earth.
In the end he saves earth with the help of two mining robots then endings outside of the galaxy.

Any know what the book might be called?

I think I read that too, but for the life of me I cannot recal a title or author.

Try looking at this list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_in_fiction

I hope someone else knows.

Jim

Mookishboy
August 13th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Neptune Crossing
Jeffery A Carver

Part 1 of a series and a good read :)

JimF
August 13th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Neptune Crossing
Jeffery A Carver

Part 1 of a series and a good read :)

Yes! I started to read that years ago after I met Carver at a scifi con, then I lost my copy of the book so I never finished it. After a quick search I found it is available as a free and legal download at baen. Woot!

http://www.baenebooks.com/p-1005-neptune-crossing-the-chaos-chronicles-i.aspx

Thanks,
Jim

kennyuk
August 14th, 2012, 02:24 PM
yes that was the one thnak you. there are 4 book hope he do more of them.