PDA

View Full Version : short story,man awakens after midnight and discovers crew building tomorrow overnight

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

dbdude99
August 20th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I'm trying to recall a short story I read back in the early 70's. A man wakes up in the middle of the night, wanders around and stumbles onto a crew of men "building" tomorrow, i.e. reality. I think they were a bunch of carpenters and electricians and there was a foreman to tell the man about this. I don't recall the ending, but I think the words "Thursday" or "Friday" were in the title. I also think this was made into a TZ or Night Gallery episode. I'm pretty sure the author is one of the top SF short story writers. Any ideas ?

JimF
August 20th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I'm trying to recall a short story I read back in the early 70's. A man wakes up in the middle of the night, wanders around and stumbles onto a crew of men "building" tomorrow, i.e. reality. I think they were a bunch of carpenters and electricians and there was a foreman to tell the man about this. I don't recall the ending, but I think the words "Thursday" or "Friday" were in the title. I also think this was made into a TZ or Night Gallery episode. I'm pretty sure the author is one of the top SF short story writers. Any ideas ?

could it be:"Yesterday Was Monday", by Theodore Sturgeon?

dbdude99
August 20th, 2012, 04:42 PM
could it be:"Yesterday Was Monday", by Theodore Sturgeon?

That's it ! Thanks Jim ! Now I have to go dig it up ....