PDA

View Full Version : Chiron's Ring or some such title

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pennarin
August 22nd, 2012, 12:31 AM
Relatively unknown author, wrote a novel and its sequel. End of the '80s, beginning of the '90s.

What I remember: dozens of planets have been transported in orbit around one star.

I believe there is even a Wiki page on the novels, just can't remember the author.

Jim diGriz
August 22nd, 2012, 02:26 AM
The Ring of Charon by Roger MacBride Allen

mylinar
August 22nd, 2012, 08:55 AM
The Ring of Charon by Roger MacBride Allen

Who never did finish that series, grumble. There were 2 books, the above and the sequel 'The Shattered Sphere'. I was always of the opinion that the author did not know where to take the next book and just abandoned the whole project. I know he has written books after these.

suciul
August 22nd, 2012, 09:29 AM
Who never did finish that series, grumble. There were 2 books, the above and the sequel 'The Shattered Sphere'. I was always of the opinion that the author did not know where to take the next book and just abandoned the whole project. I know he has written books after these.

I remember the books too; minor sf with pleasant characters - the first book was better actually setting up the stuff

The author wrote a sf/crime series after and a time patrol one, both that I found unreadable and I have no idea if he published anything outside tie-ins after that - I actually quite liked his Asimov universe Caliban trilogy, more than this one for sure

Pennarin
August 23rd, 2012, 01:08 AM
Thanks people!