PDA

View Full Version : Help with name of a book...

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

paddlepopliones
September 21st, 2002, 06:09 AM
Hi There

I'm hoping someone out there can help me! Lately I've been going back and re-reading some books I read in the mid-late 80's (yes I'm old!!!)

One in particular has been bugging me because I can't remember the name of it. It was about a young boy who was in some kind of experiment with "reborns" who are clones made out of the DNA of kids from years earlier. These "reborns" are different to the children of the current time and the experiment is to see if they can fit in to society.

Other things I remember about the book are that the weather is controlled and that the city is covered with a dome of some sort to protect it from the pollution that hangs in the air above. There is one bit of the book where the main character goes into some old building and is able to travel above the pollution and look out on the "real world".

Also, people in the time that the book is set are able to get injections under their arms which give them talents or knowledge and the main character keeps wondering why his underarm is itchy because he hasn't had any shots lately.

Anyway I hope someone can help me.... I can't remember whether the book was any good or not, but it is bugging me that I can't remember the name of it!

Thanks
paddlepoplioness