View Full Version : Titan A.e.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

slayergirl
September 21st, 2002, 11:49 PM
Could Titan A.E. be consider a sci fi movie?

It is traditionally considered a childrens movie but it does have a complex story line and adult inuendo's along with its cartoon animation.

Cygnus
September 22nd, 2002, 12:03 AM
I'm an adult, and I really liked it, so of course it could be considered a movie for adults. Then again, my favorite movie is Babe, so perhaps I lack a proper point of view.

It really seemed more appropriate for the teenage and up crowd.. I mean that shower scene!! Most kids would be going, "Ewwwwww!" :)

slayergirl
September 22nd, 2002, 12:05 AM
Id have to say that i agree with the shower sceen comment - also there was the sceen where the main hero wakes up naked on the exam table and the girl makes a comment about his 'size':eek:

Asraloth
September 22nd, 2002, 12:24 AM
i loved titan a.e, it was a fun flick, with a pretty neat premise. whether it was meant for kids or not im not sure, but im noticing a trend in modern children's animation where kids movies r littered with adult jokes and stuff. shrek is a prime example. i think it might be because the studios want the adults to willingly go, rather than consider seeing it with their kids.

i also noticed something very funny the other day when watching "Justice League" with my brother the other day.
The flash is boasting how he is the fastest man alive, then wonder woman or hawkgirl (cant remember which) says something like, "no wonder you cant get a date."

i cracked up laughing, and couldn't believe this was on a kids show.

Aylis
September 22nd, 2002, 12:56 PM
I thought it was a pretty good movie. I remember reading somewhere that Titan A.E. was meant for a teen audience.

Carmichael
September 23rd, 2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by slayergirl
Could Titan A.E. be consider a sci fi movie?

It is traditionally considered a childrens movie but it does have a complex story line and adult inuendo's along with its cartoon animation.

Um, it IS a sci fi movie. An animated scifi movie. Wouldn't matter if it was for kids or adults or purple people eaters, it would still be a scifi cause it deals with science fiction themes and technologies. And on behalf of those of us planning on careers in that realm, please don't call it a cartoon...:cool:

slayergirl
September 23rd, 2002, 02:45 AM
sorry to have offended you in someweird way which i have yet to figure out.

Could youchuck me a definition of cartoon please so that i will know for next time??

Thanks.;)

Carmichael
September 23rd, 2002, 08:46 PM
Relax, if you had actually offended me I would have told you. :D Now, I cannot speak for the rest of the planet, but myself and my friends at school usually call animated features you see at the movies that, whilst cartoons are something you distract the kids with Saturday mornings. . .

My most abject apologies if I came across as upset. Twas not my intent at all...

slayergirl
September 24th, 2002, 09:13 PM
Carmichael,

Glad to know i didnt offend you. Not to keen to make enemies the moment i step through the door (for that also not after i have been here for awhile!)

Goodluck getting into that field im sure you will be great!!

perhaps next time we could talk in a pasive voice lol.

Sunshine and smiles,

SG.

DarthV
September 25th, 2002, 11:47 AM
I found the movie to be so-so... I was hoping for something a little more deep...

The DVD has one HELL of a soundtrack to it... my back deck would vibrate noticibly, even though the volume wasn't turned up very loud.