PDA

View Full Version : Can you handle the truth?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

James Barclay
September 25th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Right. Last time I asked this, about one person replied in the affirmative which I found remarkable since many people on here are looking for publishing help and advice.

If there is enough interest, I will undertake to interview my editor about the ins and outs of publishing for new authors, what you're up against these days etc... in short, a balanced view from someone who knows.

He has published books by, among others, Al Reynolds, Richard Morgan, James Barclay, Peter F Hamilton, Graham Joyce, the UK publications of Terry Goodkind, John Marco, Elizabeth Haydon.

He knows his stuff - do you want to hear the truth?

kahnovitch
September 25th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Good idea NOM, get's my vote.

Erebus
September 25th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Could be both interesting and enlightening, Nom. Bring it on, I say! :)

Holbrook
September 25th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Why not, a few more hits upside the head won't matter at my age... :D

LaZea
September 25th, 2002, 12:26 PM
Ha ha,Holbrook
that's too funny:D

Artistic Wizard
September 25th, 2002, 01:48 PM
I think the interview is a great idea.....Even if the statements are frustrating and negative, it would still be a great learning tool.

Bring it on, I'm looking forward to it.:D

kater
September 25th, 2002, 02:53 PM
Yep lets get it on, although can we have his address just in case :D

Gary Wassner
September 25th, 2002, 03:12 PM
sounds good to me. as long as he is upfront and honest with us, it would be worthwhile. Do you think that he would really tell us if unsolicited manuscripts get looked at only when they are piled up on chairs for short people to sit on?

milamber_reborn
September 26th, 2002, 05:01 AM
Any info is good info.

Aik Haw
September 26th, 2002, 06:05 AM
It would be nice if the editor is encouraged not to gloss his words but to blare the actual requirements in stark and naked English. It may be fiendish at first to read, but good advise is never sweet, so I have learnt.