PDA

View Full Version : Firefly

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Rob B
September 25th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Anybody catch the new FOX SF show FIREFLY? I thought it was pretty enjoyable. Time will tell if it will fill the void FarScape is leaving.

chocky
September 25th, 2002, 03:08 PM
I watched it and liked it. I think it could turn out to be a really good series. I don't think it will replace Farscape, but it will probably have more action than Enterprise.

Keyoke
September 28th, 2002, 01:10 PM
I've watched two episodes now, and, while I wasn't really expecting to enjoy the show, I am. I love the cast, and the story so far seems to hold alot of promise.

The ships look odd, which, I like. They seem more real, instead of all the 'sleek' designs we usually see.

So far so good. Hopefully, it won't suffer death on Friday night's as so many shows do on FOX. I mean, Millennium, Harsh Realm, A other quasi-Xfiles show filmed in the style of Blair Witch, Dark Angel, and now Firefly.

I hope FOX gives this show a chance to succeed.

Keyoke

SusF
October 7th, 2002, 10:00 AM
I like it a lot. Only a few episodes and I can tell the characters apart! On any new Star Trek, it takes me weeks to figure out who is who.

Love the tie-in with the old west. It won't fill the void of Farscape, but it's a good SF show. I hope it succeeds.

Susan

Rob B
October 7th, 2002, 10:13 AM
The main problem with Firefly right now is the time slot and the fact that the MLB playoffs are throwing off the schedule. It won't be back until 18 October. I like Firefly, like baseball but hate FOX & Rupert Murdoch.

MrKip
October 7th, 2002, 12:15 PM
I could be horribly wrong here (as I usually am) but is Firefly not something to do to with Joss Wheldon (sp?) of Buffy fame, and its work on this series that is pushing Ripper (the British Buffy tie in) further and further from production.

SusF
October 12th, 2002, 11:27 AM
I agree Fitz. I hate Fox's coverage of baseball. It is SO horrible.

Susan