PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek: Nemesis

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

aptreke
September 25th, 2002, 05:49 PM
So I dunno, but i think, after seeing the trailers that this could be one kick ass movie. It looks really dark in tonewhich is always cool with me:p

It has been awhile since I looked forward to a Trek flick.

I also entered this contest to wina trip to the LA premiere of it:eek:

Check it out but if you win and I don't.....

http://www.startrek.com/recreation/contests/trek2stars/

With Enterprise back on and Nemesis less than 90 days away it's a good timne to b a Trek fan:D

Cygnus
September 26th, 2002, 01:10 AM
I'm not a hard core Trekkie, but I do enjoy watching TNG, Voyager and all of the movies, so I'm really looking forward to this too. The last movie with the TNG bunch though.. sorta sad.

December is going to be a little stressful for me since I will be graduating with 2 Master's degrees, trying to get a job, getting a divorce and moving across the country. So, I'm VERY glad that Nemesis and The Two Towers will be coming out. I'll really need a couple of breaks from my reality I'm sure!!

Eventine
September 26th, 2002, 02:36 AM
I will be graduating with 2 Master's degrees, trying to get a job, getting a divorce and moving across the country

you can't get muchmore hectic than that...

aptreke
September 26th, 2002, 01:10 PM
:eek: Jesus dude....has yer hair gone gray yet? That's quite the sched.

I do not envy you. You should enter the Trek to the Stars contest...cuz your gonna need the vacation (if you win).

Good luck!

:D

Cygnus
October 1st, 2002, 12:20 AM
Vacation.. and a Star Trek themed one at it! Now that would be darn cool!

Jack Burton
October 6th, 2002, 12:26 PM
I hope this one is better than Insurrection, to me, that film was rather lackluster, but that is just MHO.

An8el
December 17th, 2002, 04:14 AM
So...did you all go see it yet?

I did...loved it, jumped in my seat, laughed & cried. I'll even go see it again before it disappears from the theaters.

It had some interesting things to say about how experience makes someone who they are - and the intent to learn has to do with who they turn out to be.

But I think that the movie would be sort of corny if I didn't know and love the Next Gen characters so well... Has anyone seen it "cold" like that? What did you think?

Cadfael
January 7th, 2003, 04:47 AM
Well I went to see this movie last night. What an awsome spectacle. This has to be the best special FX ST I have ever seen... it just blew my mind away.

... but that is about it I am afraid. The story was very very weak. It just seemed the movie was a vehicle to a) use above effects b) to wrap up the 'Generations' crew. It is a shame really... because Patrick Stewart's acting abilities are worth better than this... and so too Brent Spinner. I only really started to care what happened at the movies end... and even then you know it is not really all that bad, there is a get out option.

A minor iconsistancy of plot... at the start of the movie we go to a wedding... take a look who is sat the left of Beverly Crusher... he should NOT be there! He has gone on to higher matters. Okay.. it is the only time you see him.

Sorry for being cryptic... don't wanna post a spoiler.

Miriamele
January 7th, 2003, 09:04 AM
I know that a lot of die-hard Star Trek fans disliked this movie. As for myself, I enjoy watching Star Trek now and then but I haven't seen every episode (nor all of the movies) so I didn't notice any of the inconsistensies that I've heard people complain about.

Although the movie got off to a slow start (I thought the wedding scene was a little cheesy) once it got about a third of the way in I really enjoyed it. It was entertaining and well done. I especially enjoyed the end battle scene--some good special effects here--and I really liked the guy who played Jean Luc's counterpart--can't remember his name.

I would watch it again.

chocky
January 21st, 2003, 02:49 PM
Spoiler Warning!!!!!!

I saw it and did'nt like it. When I saw the closing credits I realized why. Brent Spiner had a hand in writing it. He must have an ego to dwarf Shatner's to write yourself a dual role, a musical number, a death scene and a chance to continue the character IF the series continues. Wow, neither Shatner nor Nemoy had the b@lls to do that. On top of that, there was virtually no story. Blah!!!