View Full Version : Surprising News!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Nero
September 28th, 2002, 09:26 PM
It just came out that Microsoft has bought out Blizzard, the creators of such games as Starcraft and Warcraft. This could spell disaster for some and be a sign from heaven for X-Box owners. (I, for one, am greatly disappointed) This statement has not been cleared, so it may prove to be just a rumor. More rumors have risen of there being a Starcraft fps for the Box coming in a couple of years.
This may boost Microsoft's power even more. Let's just hope it doesn't take over all video game companies.

Shef
September 29th, 2002, 12:59 AM
On a similar not Microsoft bought Rare for about 350 million. For those of you who don't know, these are the folks who created Donkey Kong Country, Goldeneye, and many of the best video games seen on Nintendo. Now I play games on any system I can get my hands on, yet I still am oddly loyal to Nintendo. Probably because I quite literally grew up playing their video game systems. Anyways, Mr. Gates should stop trying to monopolize the market. It is merely succeding in ticking me and many others off.

milamber_reborn
September 29th, 2002, 01:38 AM
Starcraft: Ghost is coming out on all consoles, so at least Microsoft aren't going to hog it like they did with Halo when they bought out Bungie.

Nero
October 3rd, 2002, 08:17 PM
Shef, you've got it all wrong. Lemme tell you a little story......

Ok, so Microsoft bought Rare from Nintendo, but what Microsoft didn't know was that all they bought was the name. Thus, Rare is still making games for Nintendo, but Microsoft can just put the name on anything. Got it? Good.

Speaking of Rare, that game by the name of Star Fox Adventures is by far THE BEST console game I've ever played. It's just PERFECT! It's like nothing I've ever seen before. The graphics are astounding, and the music is simply wonderful. I love whacking dinos with my staff and flying in the Arwing. Not to mention the story, which is captivating and enthralling (notice my great adjectives). So to cut it short, it's AMAZING.

ChrisW
October 4th, 2002, 09:43 AM
milamber_reborn, you a fan of Bungie games?

Shef
October 4th, 2002, 06:32 PM
'
Posted by Nero:

Ok, so Microsoft bought Rare from Nintendo, but what Microsoft didn't know was that all they bought was the name. Thus, Rare is still making games for Nintendo, but Microsoft can just put the name on anything. Got it? Good.

Thanks for the info Nero. This is one of the few that I didn't got form a mag and lifted from the Official Xbox site. So I have a few questions.

1. Will the Rare title be placed on Nintendo games?

2. Will Rare created games such as Perfect Dark or Banjo and Kazooie, stay on Nintendo, or go to Xbox with a differant development team?

3. Was it Nintendo wo sold the Rare name? I always thought that they had owned Rare. It being a second party and all.

Thanks,
Shef

milamber_reborn
October 5th, 2002, 01:41 AM
With a crap computer and no next-gen console, I am a collecter of screenshots. Halo would have been the first game I would have bought if 'd got an X-Box. And it was originally coming out on PC until Microsoft bought Bungie, which was a great coup for X-Box, bad for PC owners.

ChrisW
October 5th, 2002, 04:01 AM
Heh it was originally coming out on mac and pc as all bungie games did. PC might get it next year but macs are screwed.

Nero
October 5th, 2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Shef
'

1. Will the Rare title be placed on Nintendo games?

2. Will Rare created games such as Perfect Dark or Banjo and Kazooie, stay on Nintendo, or go to Xbox with a differant development team?

3. Was it Nintendo wo sold the Rare name? I always thought that they had owned Rare. It being a second party and all.

This is very shady and there are lots of rumors going around, so the things I'll tell you aren't completely correct.

1. No, the Rare title will not be used on Nintendo games. Instead, Rare allowed Nintendo to put THEIR name on RARE games, which they will make, as long as Rare gets most of the money.

2. Yes, but instead it will be "Nintendo"s name on it. Rare kind of fooled Microsoft with that by just selling the name. :)

3. Nope, Microsoft bought it with who-knows-how-money. But little did they know that Rare had tricked them. :D

Just remember, some of this might not be true, as Rare isn't telling the whole story quite yet.

You're welcome, Nero

Shef
October 5th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Thanks Nero! I really appreciate it. Even though I own Both Xbox and Gamecube, I am glad that Rare pulled one over Mr. Moneybags.

Oh and btw, I believe that it was about 365 million dollars. :D