PDA

View Full Version : John carpenter's The Fog DVD SE

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Jack Burton
September 29th, 2002, 11:58 AM
Hi-ho folks. Just saw JC's The fog SE DVD...Smashing! The DVD is chock full o' nice tidbits, the audio commentary is ported from the Laser Disc, but it is still very interesting to hear how the film came to be and the process of shooting it. A moody little flick that hasn't quite aged so well, but the atmosphere is creepy and it is a fave of me from back in the day!!!!! I'm a big JC fan, so I guess I'm a tad biased!!!!!

chocky
October 2nd, 2002, 12:39 AM
I'm a big JC fan as well, but I have never liked The Fog. I barely remember it since I have not seen it in years. Maybe, it is time to watch it again.
I recently purchased Big Trouble in Little China and The Thing on DVD. I hope they release They Live on DVD soon.
Even though I consider myself a JC fan, I can't say I liked Vampires or Ghosts of Mars. They don't seem to be up to the standards of JC's earlier work.

Jack Burton
October 6th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Give the Fog a second go, you may like it..I agree about Vampires and Ghosts of Mars, they had potential, but fell short. I even rented Vampires: Los Muertos: It was produced by Carpenter and directed by Tommy Lee Wallace, who worked with Carpenter...one word UGHHHH!!! I guess I shoulda stayed clear, 'cause it starred Jon Bon Jovi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solaar
October 21st, 2002, 09:35 AM
Someone didn't like THE FOG?!

Good grief!!

Solaar
cuddling his horror-classic

Jack Burton
October 30th, 2002, 03:23 PM
I know, can u beleive it!!!!! Jack loves his JC flicks!!!!

Solaar
January 5th, 2003, 04:37 PM
Doh! Guess what I did - I was telling my girlfriend about how great the film was so i bought her the book...

...by James Herbert... Doh!

Solaar
doesn't know why he thought it was the same

Jack Burton
January 5th, 2003, 07:57 PM
LOL..hey, honest mistake!