View Full Version : Reading in October!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

SusF
October 23rd, 2002, 09:59 AM
I had hit a snag in book 2 of Ash and had put it down for a bit. Well I picked it back up, finished the book the same day and started book 3. Going to buy book 4 today.

I took Ships of Magic back to the library. I just wasn't in the mood at the moment. I'll check it out and read it later.

Susan

elpa
October 23rd, 2002, 10:13 AM
The Book of Atrix Wolfe, next will either be Shogun or The Curse of Chalion.

Pirate Jenn
October 23rd, 2002, 01:55 PM
On a McKillip kick, eh?

Went down to my parents without a book and bought Fires of the Faithful by new author Naomi Kritzer. Very detailed religious theologies and somewhat-detailed world. This was book one and (as the book only came out this month), must wait until January to finish duet. ::sigh::

[/U/Curse of Chalion[/U], Bujold, is next. My husband is finishing it, right now (with delight).

elpa
October 23rd, 2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Pirate Jenn
On a McKillip kick, eh?

Most definately. :]

DarthV
October 26th, 2002, 03:28 PM
I just finished off The Subtle Knife and I can't wait to get into the final book! I won't get into The Amber Spyglass until I read Lord Foul's Bane for the November reading club selection.

elpa
October 26th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Finished Atrix Wolfe, 20 pages into Sunne In Splendour. So far, so good.

Artistic Wizard
October 27th, 2002, 12:54 AM
I currently went to Barnes and Noble in search of something new to read. I came across a book by an author I never heard of before. I read the back of the book and found the short description interesting and decided to take a chance.

So I am currently reading DEVLIN'S LUCK (The Sword Of Change-Book One) by Patricia Bray .

I'm about half way through (total of 405 pgs) and am thoroughly suprised and satisfied with what I have read so far.

I havent found any reviews for this author or her work.

Here is a link to the authors page with more info on this series.

http://www.sff.net/people/patriciabray/

Has anyone else read or heard of this book?

What do you think?

Mithfânion
October 27th, 2002, 03:50 AM
Elpa, what did you like and dislike about the Book of Atrix Wolfe?

cgw
October 27th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Just finished Transformation by Berg. Verg good. On one level the it seems original, on another level I have read it before. Well written.

Am reading The Wizard at Mecq by Shelley. Good plot but it does not flow well (not written as well as transfomation for example).

Eventine
October 30th, 2002, 08:41 PM
I finished up a Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius and am back on to fantasy again for Lord Fouls Bane.
I
On AHWOSG, I was really caught up in it and the authors very different, self aware writing style. At times I really felt like he was just like me, and other times I felt totally alienated by him. Good book though, especially for anyone who has ever had a little brother.