View Full Version : Reading in October!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

DrBloodmoney1
October 31st, 2002, 08:19 AM
Hi I just finished A Game of Thrones and I must say that I was very impressed. After vowing not to start an incomplete series after Jordan, I couldn't avoid the hype. I was very pleasantly surprised. I am very interested to read the next two in preparation for release of the fourth in March.
While I await the big brown truck to deliver the 2nd and 3rd to my house, I am going to read Bleak House by Dickens. I usually read a fantasy then a classic then a fantasy again. If I don't all the fantasy books tend to run together in my mind. Better to keep em separated.
Hopefully I will get to reread LoTR before the TTT release though. Don't think my schoolwork will like that though. DrB

Nimea
October 31st, 2002, 09:53 AM
I stopped reading Ash on page 300 - not because it is bad! But because it is sooo good and I needed a break. I had a lot of other things on my mind and just could not go on at this very moment.
So I decided to go for a 'light' read: Harry Potter 2 and 3.
After those I started with 'Lord Foul's Bane' for the book club. :) But I am only half way through - I got married today so I won't have time to read any more before the discussion starts . . . :D

Eventine
October 31st, 2002, 03:59 PM
You got married today and you're still posting here? Shouldn't you be erm.... erm..... Forget I said anything.

Nimea
November 1st, 2002, 06:39 AM
:D

The day was very veeeery long. Between the family feast and the party with our friends we had some hours spare time, yet not alone. To relax I read and wrote in my favorite forum(s).

And I just had to tell the world . . . :)

Sammie
November 1st, 2002, 07:23 AM
Congrats :D

Hobbit
November 1st, 2002, 09:49 AM
Yes, also congratulations, Nimea! Halloween, eh?

A wedding, a partner....and a copy of Ash....sounds like a marriage 'made in heaven' to me... :D :D

It's also nice that you took the time out to let us know at the Forum, too.

*strangely touched*

Personally I'm amazed that you found the time to do any reading in the run-up to the event. As for afterwards, I also wish you luck there. Tackling Donaldson as a 'light read' is pretty impressive!

Best wishes

Hobbit

Nimea
November 1st, 2002, 05:12 PM
Thanks Sammie and Hobbit! :)

Uh, 'Lord Foul's Bane' is not 'light' - only Harry Potter. ;)
But the language Donaldson uses is wonderful . . . well, that is something for the book club.

And I definitely need a discussion about 'Ash' when I finally get through it!

saintjon
November 1st, 2002, 05:17 PM
Best wishes for your marriage Nimea!

estranghero
November 3rd, 2002, 09:50 PM
Ditto! :D (Though I hope you don't look anything like your avatar thought...)

Nimea
November 4th, 2002, 08:47 AM
No comment. ;)

*muahahahahahahahar*

And thanks again! :)