SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

elpa
October 2nd, 2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Zaknafein
Hope I can finish "A Game of thrones" by GRRM tonight, afterwards, I'll read "Assassins Apprentice" by Hobb, then I think I'll give DAvid Eddings a try by reading "Pawn of Prophecy".

No no no, you'll read AA and then you will have to read Royal Assassin, Assassin's Quest, the Live Ship Traders Trilogy and finally Fool's Errand! :)

Nimea
October 2nd, 2002, 11:24 AM
Reading Mary Gentle's Ash, the UK edition.

Kingslayer
October 2nd, 2002, 12:16 PM
Due to school, having a nasty cold and the fact that I'm a slow reader I'm still on Jordan's The Great Hunt :( .I really want to get reading again as its a good book.

Crysania
October 2nd, 2002, 05:12 PM
These are my fave threads!

Currently, having finished, Pullman's Amber Spyglass... I've diverted to reading Coronation Everest by Jan Morris. I LOVE Jan Morris. He/she/he/she is one of the most amazing descriptive writers I've ever encountered. Other books by her include The Matter Of Wales and Hong Kong. She does (did) a lot of travelogues that are just stunning.

Anyway... after I'm done with that, I'm going to move onto the second book in the Otherland series finally.

Olivaw
October 2nd, 2002, 05:37 PM
Just finished Red Dragon by Thomas Harris, ooooo, that's gonna be a good movie (still have to see Manhunter, the original adaptation).

Right now I'm reading Donaldson's Mirror of her Dreams. Good so far, I'm exactly 18% into it.

Olivaw

Hobbit
October 2nd, 2002, 08:07 PM
Hurrah, lots of people reading Ash

Have I said I thought it was a good book? :D :D :D

Valada
October 2nd, 2002, 08:20 PM
Caldazar, I'm enjoying it a lot. It's most definitely a strange format, in terms of interspersed emails and so on, but I like it. Very original in that sense!

I haven't actually checked the edition, but have to admit I was definitely confused. I was looking for the book in shops for quite a while, but only wanted it in trade paperback - I found that the Australian editions in normal paperback were just ridiculous in terms of font size and the like. I ended up seeing something called "Book 1" of Ash in the local library, and snaffled it up as quickly as possible. So now I need to search out the other book(s) in the series (I know nothing about the rest of the series, ie. how many books, etc). The book I am reading has a blue cover and a picture of Ash in her armour and holding a sword. At least I think that's what is on the cover!

Eventine
October 2nd, 2002, 09:06 PM
I think you've got your hands on a US edition there Valada. As far as I can tell, the Australian edition is that lumping big trade paperback. You could have some problems getting your hands on the rest.

Rob B
October 2nd, 2002, 09:25 PM
Today I finished The Physiognomy VERY good Fantasy novel. Not even 250 pages in mass market, but every word of every page was put together superbly. This was everything Good Fantasy can be.

cgw
October 2nd, 2002, 11:15 PM
Actually I bailed on Ash.