View Full Version : Reading in October!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Eventine
October 2nd, 2002, 11:19 PM
Have I said I thought it was a good book?

I'm now finally sure that you have a vested interest in sales of this book Hobbit ;)

EE
October 3rd, 2002, 02:42 AM
I'm currently reading "Gardens of the Moon" by Steven Erikson.

It's pretty good, but i'm having trouble getting into it, probably to much work stuff going on...

Will read Golden Fool as soon as it's in the stores.

Legolas
October 3rd, 2002, 09:51 AM
I am reading Mary Stewart's "The Merlin Trilogy". I hope to finish it this month. So, far...it is great.

DrBloodmoney1
October 3rd, 2002, 01:17 PM
I am about 100 pages into The Scar by China Mieville. It is pretty good, but I miss the dark and bizarre descriptions of New Crobuzon. So far it only seems to be some twisted Joseph Conrad knockoff.

Sammie
October 3rd, 2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Hobbit
Hurrah, lots of people reading Ash

Have I said I thought it was a good book? :D :D :D

*groan*

Oh God! Someone mentioned 'Ash' in front of Hobbit!!

(Actually, I liked it too! - although it DID make me cry!)

Hobbit
October 3rd, 2002, 06:31 PM
*sigh*

If only I did have shares, Eventine..... :)

...but I do have 2 signed HB copies and a PB.....the PB keeps being loaned out to others, I bought one HB on purpose and the second was a happy accident.

You have to be very careful which shelves in Hobbit Towers you put them on!

:D

Sammie - yes. Harsh, brutal, violent, funny, complex, plain weird and yes, sad too. There are scenes in there I found very painful!

someguy
October 3rd, 2002, 07:05 PM
Am 4 books through the Goodkind series (yes, yes, I know...), some will the last 2 in October.

Hope to start either Feist, Eddings, or Martin next...

Never heard of this "Ash" thingy, but it sounds like it is worth a try! (I respect Hobbit's opinion...so far)

Hobbit
October 4th, 2002, 02:43 AM
* :D *

If only Mary Gentle knew what I was doing for her sales...!

SG - this might help - try:

http://www.diversebooks.com:8088/examples/servlet/Turbine2/screen/MainMenu/action/SetAll/screen/DisplayQuestionAnswer/topic_id/622/question_id/1082/faq_id/336/project_id/4;jsessionid=To1527mC022129350247373614At

Hobbit

Hobbit
October 4th, 2002, 02:49 AM
I promise not to say any more on Ash, now!

As for reading in October....isn't happening yet. I think the next will be The Warlock in Spite of Itself by Christopher Stasheff, as recommended by Cadfael, which has finally arrived.

Hobbit

Nevyn
October 4th, 2002, 03:47 AM
Was going to be "The Worm Ouroboros" by E R Eddison but it was out of stock , might try and track down this Mary Gentle !