View Full Version : Reading in October!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

Aik Haw
October 11th, 2002, 09:33 PM
Reading Modesit's Recluce Saga :). Currently flipping through the Chaos Balance.

And heck, is the weather going to keep this up? Four seasons in one day is an understatement!!

elpa
October 12th, 2002, 12:57 AM
Just finished Patricia McKillip's Riddle-Master Trilogy and all I can say is wow.

Barbed Coil is next.

Pirate Jenn
October 12th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Elpa- I agree with your "wow." I've re-read it about four or five times, now, and my reaction is the same. :) She's a genius.

Eventine
October 13th, 2002, 06:40 AM
Finally got my hands on Fools Errand, and I've probably spent about28 of the past 36 hours devouring.
I may be late to work tomorrow morning. I'd forgotten how good Hobb was...

SusF
October 13th, 2002, 11:48 AM
I am about to start the first of the Liveship books by Robin Hobb. I want to read those three before reaing Fool's Errand.

Susan

Mithfânion
October 13th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Good call Sus, it's a definitly a plus to have read them before the Tawny Man books.

Hobbit
October 14th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Just finished The Warlock In Spite of Himself by Christopher Stasheff, as recommended by Cadfael.

An enjoyable read and quite entertaining - I can see where other writers have since 'borrowed' ideas from, Feist in particular. Amazed that it's over 30 years old.

Thank you, Cadf! :D

Next - Lots to pick from in the pile, lucky me - do I go for the David Eddings, or not? :)

Hobbit

Nero
October 14th, 2002, 11:31 PM
Anyone ever heard of Patricia Kennealy? She writes this pretty great sci-fi/fantasy book series. It's not easy writing a mixture of the two.
So, as I said before, I'm reading The Belgariad, the Patricia Kennealy series, and The Path of Daggers all at the same time. My main focus, though, is Path of Daggers, even though it is pretty darn BO-O-O-RING. So when does the action start? I've made it this far, and I don't wanna stop now. Crossroads of Twilight looks pretty awesome.

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

I'm on page 200, with Perrin and Morgase and it isn't much good. I'm also extrememly pissed off because I was surfing the net the other day, and stumbled upon the "one of many" WoT fan sites. Tsk, it should've warned me that right when I went on to it it told me that Jaichim Carridin is killed in Path of Daggers. Goodness gracious. It even said that one of the Asha'man is a Forsaken. I mean, thanks alot. Don't ya hate it when that happens?

milamber_reborn
October 15th, 2002, 01:54 AM
Never visit fan sites of authors or TV shows unless you are up-to-date.

Sammie
October 15th, 2002, 05:01 AM
Dammit dammit DAMMIT. For some reason my brain went "oh yeah, Path of Daggers, you've read that" - so i read the spoilers. But that's the one i'm reading at the moment *WAIL*

(no-one's fault but my silly own, i spose, :()