New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

Sammie
October 17th, 2002, 08:41 AM
LMFAO!!!!!

Cadfael
October 17th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Dropped everything to read From A Buick 8 by Stephen King... after that back to Juliet Marillier.

cgw
October 18th, 2002, 08:29 AM
Hold the phone!
I just found a copy of To Die in Italbar. I do not think I have ever read it (I had confused it with a short storyI have read and have always thought I had read it).
How lucky can I get. This is no Lord Demon but the real Zelazny.

DarthV
October 18th, 2002, 09:19 PM
I just finished off John Marco's Saints of the Sword. Great series! I can't wait to see how much more his writing abilities grow... there was a definite progression through his first 3 books. I can't wait for Eyes of God to be published in paperback (Jan2003).

I loved how the characters weren't 1 dimensional... nice to see the line between good and evil blurred :)

Pirate Jenn
October 18th, 2002, 09:25 PM
Last night, I looked up a scene at the beginning of Sherwood Smith's *Crown Duel* (which I just read in June), and ended up staying awake until 6 AM this morning finishing it. :eek: If you like political and social intrigue, mingled with good, flawed characters and a dash of delicious romance, it's for you. :D (Mmm. Vidanric. What a babe. ;) )

DarthV
October 18th, 2002, 09:40 PM
Oops, I forgot to mention what I'm reading next... Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass[b] book I of [b]His Dark Materials.

It'll probably a little lighter reading that Marco's epic, so I figure I can get the first two books read before jumping into Lord Foul's Bane for the book club for Nov 1.

fortytwo
October 19th, 2002, 02:15 PM
Finished To Green Angel Tower (Part 1). Took me just over a week to read. Good going for me. At least the pace of the story has quickened in this book, as well as my speed reading it.
So it's back to S.F. for me, now that little diversion is over.

Rhaegar
October 19th, 2002, 09:36 PM
I'm well into Steven Erikson's Memories of Ice and I'm am loving it. Yes, Erikson tends to be overly confusing at times, but his books are amazing nonetheless.

I think Erikson has climbed into my top three favorite authors.

Cardo
October 20th, 2002, 07:52 AM
I just finished rereading Eriksons deadhouse gates, it took me 1 ˝ months to read it and thats longer than any book that i can remember and much longer than the first time I read it. But that would have to do with that I started my studies at the university and haven´t had the time or energy to read anything. And IMO deadhouse gates is one of the best books I have ever read. and thats mostly because the Chain of Dogs which is probably the best substory I´ve ever read.

Now I´ve started on Guy Gavriel Kay´s Fionaver tapestry book1.

Eventine
October 20th, 2002, 06:04 PM
I'm currently taking a break from fantasy and reading A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers. It's keeping me amused.