View Full Version : Reading in October!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

ChrisW
October 1st, 2002, 10:30 AM
Currently reading "The Golden Fool" by Robin Hobb. Nearly finished it and it's great! Has a few characters from the Liveship books so you may wan't to refresh your memory on them first. They don't play a big role but its sucks trying to remember who and what they did.

Sorry Mr Barclay had to stop reading your book as soon as Golden Fool arrived. Will hopefully get back to it after.

Also reading the second Earthsea book at work.

elpa
October 1st, 2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Caldazar
Currently reading "The Golden Fool" by Robin Hobb. Nearly finished it and it's great! Has a few characters from the Liveship books so you may wan't to refresh your memory on them first. They don't play a big role but its sucks trying to remember who and what they did.

Sorry Mr Barclay had to stop reading your book as soon as Golden Fool arrived. Will hopefully get back to it after.

Also reading the second Earthsea book at work.

Oh how I envy you! :[ I should have never read FE last month, this is killing me! You know, in February I was looking at the release dates and was really looking forward to a wonderful fall filled with Martin, Jordan, and Hobb...oh well. I made a library run last night and picked up the following:

Daughter of the Forest
Son of the Shadows
Child of the Prophecy
The Barbed Coil
Lonesome Dove
Riddle-Master Trilogy

Not to mention I still have A Song for Arbonne which is due in a week, so I suppose I need to stop putting it off and get cracking. :]

ezchaos
October 1st, 2002, 02:25 PM
This month, I'm reading The Golden Compass by Pullman. I can say that I'm quite happy with the book so far and will be reading the rest of the trilogy soon.
Other than that, I might finish up Rhingold by Stephan Grundy. I really love Norse/Germanic mythology, so this book is my cup of tea. However, it's a little ponderous, so I had to give it a break after finishing part I.

Zaknafein
October 1st, 2002, 02:27 PM
Hope I can finish "A Game of thrones" by GRRM tonight, afterwards, I'll read "Assassins Apprentice" by Hobb, then I think I'll give DAvid Eddings a try by reading "Pawn of Prophecy".

cgw
October 1st, 2002, 02:38 PM
Started Teckla by Brust last night. I read Jereg (sp?) more than 10 years ago. It is Ok (easy reading) but not not great (which explains why I waited so long.

Mamb
October 1st, 2002, 05:06 PM
Got the letter today that Golden Fool has arrived, so i'll be collecting that tomorrow

Stor-All
October 1st, 2002, 09:58 PM
I'm going to finish up The Fellowship of the Ring and try to finish of the series before the end of the month. That should probably fill my month up.

Valada
October 2nd, 2002, 02:27 AM
Right now I'm reading (finishing) Mary Gentle's first Ash book.

Eventine
October 2nd, 2002, 02:42 AM
What did you think Valada?
Are you reading the edition put out in Australia? "If so there should be only one book...

DarthV
October 2nd, 2002, 10:48 AM
Still reading John Marco's Grand Design. I'm hoping to have it and the last book in the trilogy finished off in a couple weeks. Awesome series so far!