View Full Version : hi everyone I'm new here

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

khoral
October 4th, 2002, 04:19 AM
I have some short stories and music on my website, I don't know if it's really sci-fi
well, it's a mix of lovecraft, burroughs, cioran and pratchett
I'm french, so please be indulgent with the translation and the style, I've translated by myself and it was quite painful!
those are two very different languages, and I tried to do oi the best!

Giroth
October 6th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Welcome then, This forum is definitely a good one:)

khoral
October 17th, 2002, 07:22 AM
no one?

davie
October 17th, 2002, 07:50 PM
I looked around some, but didn't see any stories. I can't really download much music on a modem, sadly.

Jacquesteau
October 17th, 2002, 11:26 PM
Welcome, Khoral.

I'm new here as well, although I've been a lurker for some time, and have found the folks here to be supportive and sincere. I look forward to participating in the discussions.

I checked out your site and didn't find any of your writing, although I like the graphics. :) Why don't you post some on the site and see what floats? I would love to read some of your stuff.

Happy posting,

R. Barnes

enazwo
October 18th, 2002, 12:20 AM
Indeed welcome Khoral

May I suggest that you submit your stories to the site under the short story submission section. You may find more takers for giving you feedback. sffworld always welcomes submissions.

enazwo

khoral
October 18th, 2002, 02:11 AM
I'm surprised, short stories are in the Dome section
anyway, I'll follow your advice

khoral
October 18th, 2002, 02:23 AM
davie : yeah sorry for the music, broadband syndrome
when you get broadband you pretty quickly forget that some months ago you had a modem!!!!!
I'll see what I can do to propose reasonable downloads (maybe by the week-end, please come back to khoral.net if you're interested)
problem here is that these are cd-quality mp3's

ok here's a page : there are 2 stories
Tale of the Man-Medusa
Tale of Ploum-Ploum the Bloodthirsty Clown

I warn the assistance that this part of my work is.... welll... quite experimental (!)
enjoy

khoral
October 18th, 2002, 07:03 AM
I think there was a bug, now all pages are ok in the english version

Sammie
October 18th, 2002, 02:02 PM
Salut! :)

Took a quick look at this, Khoral. Firstly can i seriously recommend that you submit (at least the english version of) your stories to the site to get the feedback response you are after...

...although my french is very mediocre, i did take a look at both versions of your story. You have done an amazing job with the translation - certainly nothing that i could do in a million years. However, although the English writing is good, the French prose does seem a lot more 'polished'. Only to be expected, i know, and not really meant as a critisism - but do make sure you show your work to French-speaking types, to get the optimum feedback. (Unfortunately, France is totally underrepresented on these boards! :(). 'S all for now :)

Sammie.