PDA

View Full Version : I started a story and now others can add too it.....

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Sebriwyn
October 9th, 2002, 09:19 AM
Wayne hatefully sat up in his hospital bed with his distasteful robe making him very uncomfortable. The nurse handed him a small paper cup with the usual colorful pills in it. She gestured that he consume them right away but he being a former commander hated taking orders.

“I don’t know why you make this harder then you have too -”
“Of course I gonna’ make this difficult!” he shouted. Wayne hated everything about this place. He hated the constant smell of soiled laundry and ammonia. He hated the way the nurses walked so contently around him, as if he wasan’t suffering enough. He even hated the shoes they wore. The nurses, and especially nurse Gail him mad. How come she didn’t understand? Why couldn’t she understand?

“I know what you have been through but there is nothing I can do about it. You’ll just have to lie here until your ready for the next one.”

He didn’t want there to be a next one. He hated the experiments and they were making his health worse with each one.

“I’m not going back”, he shouted. “I’ll never do another one as long as I live!”
“Well, I do have sympathy for you but you did get yourself into this mess, and you are the only one who can get yourself out off it. Now go back to sleep and I’ll be back later to check on you.”

She was right, but he didn’t want to admit it. He knew he had to get out, but how?

computer
October 15th, 2002, 12:42 PM
He stood up out of his bed on shaky feet he pulled the monitering equipment out of him. The alarms sounded. A guard ran into the room holding a stun gun, he aimed it at wayne but didn't get to fire it.
Wayne pushed a nearby wheelchair as hard as he could into the mans knee's causing him to buckle. The stun gun rolled at Wayne's feet. He managed to pick it up without falling over.
He shot the guard over and over relishing each time he pulled the trigger. The guard convulsed in pain. Wayne's mind screamed at him to run he came back to his sences and pushed open the double swinging door and staggered out onto the corridor.
His vision changed, he found it hard to focus. But focus he did. Another guard came running at him. Wayne lifted up his stun gun and fired but his aim was off. Instead it hit the lights causing them to shory circuit. It immediately went black. The guard cursed and lit a cigeratte lighter. Seeing just the little flame in all the blackness no matter how blurred his vision is he managed to shoot one last shot into the area around the flame. Strength left his hands and he dropped the gun. He staggered through a door into brilliant light. There was no one about. He went through numerous doors left right and center. He lost all sense of direction but ploughed on nevertheless.One more door and he was into sunlight. Yes beautiful sunlight streamed around his face. A small breaze played wih his hair. He carried on forward in his hospital overalls. It suddenly occured to him how cold it was.
Trees loomed ahead, he made for them. After about an hour of staggering through the endless trees his foot snagged on a low lying tree root he fell to the floor unconcious.