PDA

View Full Version : Reign of Fire

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Valada
October 11th, 2002, 02:15 AM
I saw this movie last night, and while I enjoyed it, I would class it as very, very average. I loved the special effects, and there was something about the atmosphere that was extremely engaging, but it just lacked something. On the upside, Christian Bale and Matthew McConaghy (sp?) have most clearly been taking care of themselves... and I enjoy seeing the after-effects of that! ;)

Has anyone else seen this movie? If so, what did you think?

Miriamele
October 11th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Valada, I agree with you about this movie. If you ignore the obvious dicrepancies and holes in the plot, and the average acting, it's very enjoyable, for the visuals alone (and not just the dragons! :D ).

You might be interested to read this
other thread (http://www.sffworld.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=927) on this movie.

Valada
October 18th, 2002, 01:13 AM
Oops, sorry about that. It had come out in Australia the week before I posted, so I didn't even think to look back through old threads (most movies don't have a delayed release date here anymore, so I no longer assume that a movie has been out for MONTHS in other countries!). All apologies for cluttering up the postings, particularly for such a woeful movie.