SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

saintjon
October 18th, 2002, 11:57 PM
Any of you guys see this movie?

I just watched it and all I could say is, "Wow," except I could also say, "That was unexpected," "Vincent D'onofrio is friggin nuts!" and "I must have that soundtrack".

At the start of the movie I was worried that drugs would take center stage, but that turned out to not be the case, it's a totally character-driven movie, with a twisty plot, solid acting and stunning visuals.

They need to invent an Oscar for "Best Tattoo" just so they can give it to this movie.

Anyways, if you haven't seen it, I say check it out. It's crazy, dark, funny, disturbing and at some parts profoundly sad. If you have seen it what did you think?

chocky
October 19th, 2002, 02:13 AM
I haven't seen the movie but I think this years oscar for best tattoo should go to Red Dragon.

saintjon
October 19th, 2002, 09:40 AM
It would have to be one mofo of a crazy tattoo to top Val Kilmer's man. They probably show it at the web-site, www.saltonseamovie.com

chocky
October 20th, 2002, 07:06 AM
Yeah, that is one kick @ss tat. I still like the Red Dragon tat better but that one is awesome.

saintjon
October 20th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Haven't seen Red Dragon. Is it good?

Jack Burton
October 20th, 2002, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the info about Salton Sea..saw it in the old video store, but opted to go with Murder By Numbers w/ Sandra Bullock(yum-yum) not to bad of a flick..but I will check out Sea...BTW heard Red Dragon was good..still have yet to see it..like the '86 film Manhunter based on the book..good stuff!

chocky
October 20th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Red Dragon is a good movie. Not as good as Silence of the Lambs but much better than Hannibal IMO.
I've never seen Manhunter so I don't know how it compares.

saintjon
October 20th, 2002, 04:19 PM
Hey Jack, Salton Sea and Murder By Numbers were written by the same guy. Neat.

Yeah, Hannibal seemed to be missing something. It was cool seeing Lecter on the loose but yeah, could have been better.

Jack Burton
October 20th, 2002, 04:33 PM
I did not know that!!!!!!! Ya learn sometin' new every day!!!!! BTW, Chocky, check out Manhuner..I think ye shall like it.

Cygnus
October 23rd, 2002, 05:31 PM
I refuse to go see Red Dragon on principle. I simply don't think that Manhunter can be improved upon. And Edward Norton and Will Graham.. give me a break!!

I haven't see Salton Sea yet, but I want to. Is it still in theaters, or out on video?