Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

DecKrash
October 30th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Brandon Hill

Khyron20@aol.com

Hiya folks!

I'd like to first say a BIG thank you to those who read my first story, "Love of Inspiration." It wasn't my best story, but I'm glad you all liked it so much. So that is why I've posted another one of my stories in the Short Story section. It's called "Too Soon a Goodbye." It's actually quite a bit longer than a short story, but I am still quite proud of it. I'm currently trying to get it published in addition to two other stories in a multi-story novel, so wish me luck! But I really need your feedback on this one, folks. Like the previous story, it's a romantic one, but this one has a LOT more detail. It's a long one, so only read it if U've got the time. Oh, and if U haven't read "Love of Inspiration," I urge U to do so. I would really like to see your feedback on it. So thanks once again for your time! :)

"Beware the company of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup."

Erebus
November 1st, 2002, 09:29 PM
Well, having read this novella when you submitted it to Equilibrium Books, you already know that we thought it was great! A wonderful blending of fantasy and science fiction, with a dash of romance as well!

Good luck for the multi-novel publication. I'm sure they'll love it too. :)

DecKrash
November 7th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Brandon Hill
Khyron20@yahoo.com
Khyron20@aol.com

Hey guys!

Just checking to see if anyone out there has read my new short story. I know it's a long one, but if U have time, please check it out. I'm really eager to hear your feedback on it, since you gave such good feedback on my previous story. The new one's called, "Too Soon a Goodbye," and the older one is called "Love of Inspiration." They're both in the short stories section under my pen name, Brandon Hill. So please check it out. Thanx a million!

-Brandon Hill

"Beware the company of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Erebus
November 7th, 2002, 09:39 PM
I merged your two threads together, DecKrash. Looks like I may be the only one who's had time to read your work so far. It is a larger piece, so give them time :)

enazwo
November 8th, 2002, 12:25 AM
Deckrash

I"m so sorry, I have read your story and have intended to reply but I have really busy. I will give you a more comprehensive reply tomorrow. I will say though that I was very impressed with the story.

enazwo

enazwo
November 11th, 2002, 03:26 AM
Deckrash

I have read and enjoyed both of your stories very much. Considering that I'm not a purveyor of love stories, it is saying something that I found myself not only impressed, but entertained with both Love of Inspiration and Too Soon a Goodbye.

Your main character Roen is fully realized with a curious naivette` and honesty that made me care about him.

So when Miriin entered Roen and Tana's lives and the ensuing mystery that developes really worked for me.

Through out the story you sense there's some underlying complication with Miriin that we know will mean trouble for Roen.

Your story has stayed with me, as well as "Love of Inspiration". You have managed to take the old basic premise-"love born on opposite sides of the track"- and taken that premise to original and distant places while mixing in some of your ability to capture the reader's interest and communicate the "love" between two completely different individuals.

In this day and age of the "I'm number one" mentality, the concept of selfless love may be lost on the cyncial and trendy movers and shakers in the entertainment world. However you have managed to capture the unspoken need by most that the unexpected discovery of selfless love can be both scary and wonderful.

Good work.

enazwo