View Full Version : ring

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

lior
November 2nd, 2002, 09:10 AM
Did anyone see the Japanese "Ring" series? That is masterful horror, especially the first one. The scariest movie I've seen in a long while.
If you're a horror fan (and I guess you are if you're here), and you want to see this, don't read further. in fact, don't read anything about this, the less you know the better. just see it and make up your own mind.
And for those of you who has seen it...

Wasn't it cool??

Keyoke
November 2nd, 2002, 01:44 PM
I've never seen the Japanese version, I did see the one in the theatres currently, and loved it.

Though, I am curious about the other two Ring movies in Japan, basically, what are they about, etc.

Keyoke

Rob B
November 2nd, 2002, 01:50 PM
This belongs in TV/Film where it will get the love and attention it deserves.

lior
November 2nd, 2002, 05:14 PM
Ring 2 starts immediatley where the first one left off, and Ring 0 is a prequel.
Saw the sequel, but not the prequel. The trailer looked great.

Didn't see the remake, it didn't come to this neck of the woods yet, but I think that what made the original so effective was the fact that it was JAPANESE, it had this foreign, eerie quality... very special.

Dystran Hart
November 11th, 2002, 02:46 PM
yeah was a good film hehe. I watched it on my 3 metre wide projector screen in the dark - God it was pretty lethal :)

kater
November 12th, 2002, 11:34 PM
The new version is also excellent, its the best scary film I've seen in ages and I highly recommend it.

saintjon
November 17th, 2002, 11:59 AM
OMG what a disturbing flick. Haven't been scared of a movie since I played through all of Resident Evil 2 in grade 12 but that one did it.

The tape was so messed up.

Really interestingly interactive premise though. I mean, in most horror flicks you say, "It's just a movie" But that's exactly what the people in the movie try to tell themselves. and it goes on from there.

kater
November 17th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Yeah its interesting because the Japanese make films from such a different perspective to your average Hollywood flick and when the two collide it makes for a really good movie most of the time. I think a studio has picked up The Cure which is an equally cool jap flick.

saintjon
November 17th, 2002, 05:41 PM
yeah, well, I want to see the originals now (if I can bear to sit throught that story again).

I'm curious to see if it's better, worse, how much they changed.

Plus I'm interested to know where they'd go with the sequel.

Asraloth
November 17th, 2002, 10:40 PM
i'm a big fan of the three japanese ones, but what i wanna know is why the american studios pilfer everything from overseas?

can't those american hollywood types come up with their own ideas. i have seen so many american films that are copies of overseas ones:

"true lies" was a french film, tho can't remember the name.

"the assassin" la femme nikita

"mrs doubtfire"

and now "ring" which will probably have the same sequel and prequel thing too.

those are just ones i can name off the top of my head, but there have been heaps.

so, why can't hollywood come up with their own ideas, or is it just so ppl dont have to read subtitles.

P.S. I recently saw a report on bollywood and how some hollywood studios are attempting to sue them for doing carbon copies of their movies. i think this is hilarious, because the shoe is on the other foot now. apparently, bollywood redid the matrix and all sorts of movies.