PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice!!!!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Karin
November 3rd, 2002, 11:24 AM
Hi all of you professionals! This is a new game to me and I would like to know if you are all full-time writers or if, like me, just write when it comes upon you! When you just feel you have to get rid of all those characters inside of you. Do you try to publish your stories or are you, like me, a little bit scared of the "critique" that it's not good enough!

Sammie
November 3rd, 2002, 11:29 AM
Hi Karin! Welcome to the boards :)

I'm gonna shift this to our Writing section for you.......

Sammie.

Karin
November 3rd, 2002, 11:47 AM
Thanx Sammie,

will get used to it soon I hope!

Sammie
November 3rd, 2002, 12:07 PM
No problemo!

Enjoy......:)

kegasaurus
November 3rd, 2002, 12:22 PM
Unfortunately,. you've caught me on fat keg night. If your looking for stories of the fantastic, I've got to offer Holbrook Adams "The Hat man."

If your williing to take these characters though, I expect a full Kegectomy wich y'all will understand one day.

Stor-All
November 3rd, 2002, 01:05 PM
I've never tried to write something very serious. I've had a few moments in my life that I can remember coming up with an idea and making something out of it for a few weeks, then losing interest. The farthest I've gotten was only about 8 or so MSWord pages. Most of the ideas I have that pop into my head usually aren't writing ideas, they are more like scenes/characters that I can draw, but that's going off on a different tangent.

D.S. Moon
November 3rd, 2002, 01:41 PM
Karin,

I have been writing fiction for a long time, and no I have not had it published yet. It has always been a hobby for me. Obviously, it is not my profession. It is something I do for fun.

I have tried recently to get a short story or two published, but no one was interested. But why should that stop me or you?

These web-sites help with feedback and talking with others.
Don't be afraid of the comments. Everyone has different tastes and ideas of what is good. You will NEVER please everyone.

Just write for yourself and you will find that there are others out there that are like you.

Oh and as Harlan Ellison said, " The best way to learn to write ... is to write."

Put up those stories and we'll all help you sort out the best way for you to express yourself.

No Fear Dear

Holbrook
November 3rd, 2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by kegasaurus
Unfortunately,. you've caught me on fat keg night. If your looking for stories of the fantastic, I've got to offer Holbrook Adams "The Hat man."

If your williing to take these characters though, I expect a full Kegectomy wich y'all will understand one day.

Huh?:confused: :confused: :confused:

kegasaurus
November 3rd, 2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Holbrook

Huh?:confused: :confused: :confused:

In that pure wonderment we call sobriety, I have to say "No idea."

Miriamele
November 3rd, 2002, 06:32 PM
I don't get it either, Holbrook. I think he recommended your story, but after that I'm not sure....:confused: