PDA

View Full Version : Question

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

AuthorZone.Com
November 3rd, 2002, 02:58 PM
How many authors and writers do we have here?

Me is one<<<

gabador
November 3rd, 2002, 04:25 PM
yah, well, I guess some small bits of me. And not very good at that, but I do try...

Miriamele
November 3rd, 2002, 07:25 PM
I guess I could call myself a writer--at least I dabble. Haven't written anything of any value in several months. If I ever get my act together maybe I'll be able to call myself an author.

milamber_reborn
November 4th, 2002, 01:36 AM
Author - one day hopefully very soon.
Writer - YES. I write everyday, then I take a week off to edit and think of a new idea, then I write again. As you can tell, I love writing.

user123
November 7th, 2002, 04:09 AM
While I think of myself as an author, if you are asking about publised works then I'm not. Though I have gotten many....many...many rejection letters, with luck I'll get in print yet.

Mag
November 7th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Writer, not Author.
I'm not sure I could take the inevitable rejection that would result from trying to publish.
More fun to keep on writing.
(on the other hand I havn't finished anything worth sending yet.
Great with ideas, bad finisher, excuses, excuses).

user123
November 8th, 2002, 04:35 AM
Mag;

If you ever have something you realy like send it out to a publisher. Don't worry about rejection letters, every writer out there has gotten them. Just remember that they are not rejecting YOU, there is nothing personal about it. Also, what one editor rejects another may think is the greatest thing they ever read;)

Mag
November 11th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Thanks user123, I am just getting to 2nd draft stage in a story I am writing. Knowing that there are lots of us out there writing, submitting, and even publishing is a great prod for me. I don't really know what's out there in as far as what to do when I am finished, but somehow I think you guys will be around to point me in the direction.

juzzza
November 14th, 2002, 05:15 AM
I AM A WRITER... Feels good saying that now and again don't it?

I have publish credits for a few short stories, printed and online. I also have a completed novel-length ms that needs an edit and I'm working on a new Dark Fantasy ms that has potential.

I'm also a musician and write many many many many songs almost every day. I've been lucky enough to record 5 of my tunes in Paul McArtney's (sp?) studio in Liverpool and 6 tunes in Gilbert O' Sullivan's studio in my island.