View Full Version : Morrowind?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Mamb
November 17th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Has anyone played Elder Scrolls 3 for PC or Xbox? I'm thinking about getting it but am wondering if it is worh shelling out 25 for. All the reviews I have read are great, with praise for gameplay as well as graphics, but what do all you "real" gamers think? I haven't played the other Elder Scrolls games either. Will this be a problem?

fluffy bunny
November 17th, 2002, 01:32 PM
You need a decent PC if you're going to get the most of the graphics. As to whether you like it or not, that depends on your gaming tastes

Since you're in the UK, I recommend you get it from electronics boutique or game (same company)- if you don't like it, or your system's not up to scratch, you can return it no quibbles within 10 days of purchasing it.

I'd personally wait for it to go on budget though- wasn't quite what I wanted so I returned it (but I've always been into shooters and strategy games along with colin mcrae rather than RPGs.

Give deus ex a whirl if you haven't already- far better (though I admit I probably haven't played morrowind enough to get that good an opinion of it

But the initial grab factor wasn't there

As for the X-box version- I still reckon games like this were meant to be played with a mouse

Aylis
November 17th, 2002, 03:03 PM
I have the xbox version... It's pretty good. I haven't played any of the other Elder Scroll's games either - there's no prolem with that. If you're trying to decide between the xbox and the pc versions, I would suggest the pc version only because Tribunal, the add-on to the game is only for pc. As for the controls, it just depends on what you like. I tend to like using a controller when playing rpgs while others prefer the pc.

Mamb
November 20th, 2002, 09:55 AM
Cheers guys. I don't have an X-box myself; I was just curious. However, my PC is fairly new and should run the game (though I got it on the cheap and it only has a puny GF4 MX420). I nearly bought it on my travels in Oxford Street yesterday as it has come down to 20. But perhaps I'll ask for it as a Christmas present from my parents.

Fluffy, its funny that you should mention Colin McRae, as I found it (version 2) selling for 3.99 at HMV and couldn't resist it. I'm going to install it in a minute.

trentdick2882
November 20th, 2002, 09:58 AM
It took me a while to get used to the game, it's extremely open-ended, but I'm like level 40 now and having a blast. I also just got the expansion Tribunal for it. I'd say go for it.

trentdick2882
November 21st, 2002, 01:10 PM
Also, if you are into Wheel of Time, Morrowind has a very similiar story in many ways. Probably the closest you'll get to playing a large-scale Wheel of Time roleplaying game. Though obviously not in the Wheel of Time universe.

Chlestron
December 6th, 2002, 12:20 PM
I personally don't care for Morrowind. I think a lot of that stems from the fact that it's so damn long and it takes forever and a day to get anywhere. Eventually after umpteen hours of running through wilderness getting attacked every few minutes by something it gets old.

I've forgotten what I was supposed to do for half of the quests and I haven't gotten far enough into it to really even GET to the main story arc.

milamber_reborn
December 6th, 2002, 11:33 PM
What about those large creatures that transport you places. Haven't actually played the game, so I assume they are hard to find or costly or something.

trentdick2882
December 8th, 2002, 08:43 AM
The creatures that carry you around are in every major city, and aren't really that expensive, except for a brand new player maybe. You don't have to run around too much if you use those, cause a lot of the quests are in major cities. The game is huge and it took me a while to get into it, but now i'm hooked.

Aylis
December 9th, 2002, 12:44 AM
Yeah, those are pretty cheap, but the Mages Guilds have these transport things that are a bit cheaper... sometimes a LOT cheaper - all depending on where you're going...