PDA

View Full Version : A weekend with......

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

kahnovitch
November 20th, 2002, 01:47 AM
This was an idea myself and a few friends played around with in the pub one night;

If you could spend a weekend with anyone, who would you choose?
and before I start I should mention I'm not talking about a wet weekend with Buffy in a caravan on the Isle of Wight!
I mean someone you'd love to spend a few days of chewing the fat, drinking, shooting pool and generally hanging out with.
A personal icon, hero etc past or present, dead or alive who you would have loved to meet had the chance arisen.

E.G.
My choices for boozing buddies would be Denis Leary, Christopher Walken and Oliver Reed as I can't imagine a dull night out with those guys in tow.

The choice, venue and topical connection is yours so share it with me.

Rocketsheep
November 20th, 2002, 02:22 AM
Hmmmmmm, Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, John Cleese, Terry Jones, Catherine Jinks, Nick Earls and Nick Hornsby... or maybe not... I'd feel like a teeny tiny worm! Can you imagine the laughs tho?! :D

Holbrook
November 20th, 2002, 02:35 AM
Elizabeth I, I would really want to know how she ran a Kingdom and pulled the rug from under the feet of all those men.

Oliver Reed, yes.... David Niven.... if you read his auto bi you would understand,

James Hunt what a character.......

And my paternal Grandfather, I would really like to know what he actually did get up to during the 1st world war.... bit of a family story there that no one living knows the whole truth about....

Ogg
November 20th, 2002, 03:00 AM
Jesus, Ben Franklin, Grover Washington, Bonnie Prince Charley, Issac Newton, Columbus, King David, Winston Churchill, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Binny Hill, Bill Cosby, C.S. Lewis,
Alexander the Great, Marco Polo, Plato, Neal Pert, and our very own Dennis Miller.....

Crysania
November 20th, 2002, 11:52 AM
David Letterman. And he would impregnate me. And all would be well.

:D

Hereford Eye
November 20th, 2002, 02:27 PM
Robert Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, Daniel C. Dennett, John L. Casti, Spider Robinson, C.J. Cherryh, and Sherri S. Tepper.
Holbrook, Kahnovitch, and Kegosaurus

kater
November 20th, 2002, 04:33 PM
Michael Jordan, Marshall Faulk, God - if he existed :D, Alexander the Great, Feist, Michael Johnson, JFK, Hitler, Ian Botham, ....... there's so many I'll get back to you

saintjon
November 20th, 2002, 04:53 PM
I'd like to hang out with the guy who directed Rushmore, Bottle Rocket and The Royal Tenenbaums.

I'd like to sit and talk to Tolkien and Douglas Adams at the same time. Bet they'd get a kick out of each other.

I'd say Musashi, but it'd be a shame to wind up dead cuz I ate my food in the wrong order :D. (plus he never bathed)

I'd like to hang out with Terry Gilliam, Johnny Depp and Benicio Del Toro while they were making Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. (dunno if they'd notice me though, or each other, or their own hands and feet)

Carmichael
November 20th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Steven Hawkings and Isaac Asimov if for no other reason than to listen to their musings on science...

kahnovitch
November 21st, 2002, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Carmichael
Steven Hawkings and Isaac Asimov if for no other reason than to listen to their musings on science...

As an aspiring sci-fi writer I'd totally go with that choice and maybe Carl Sagan too.

P.S and J Michael Straczynski

P.P.S
posted by Hereford Eye....Holbrook, Kahnovitch, and Kegosaurus

I'm flattered, thanks!:)