PDA

View Full Version : Name of Fantasy cartoon

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Shura
November 20th, 2002, 02:46 PM
i'm looking for the name of this fantasy cartoon i saw on the BBC years ago (approcimately 10 years). I really want to see it again but that's kinda difficult if you don't know the name ;)

plot: It's about a boy that enters this dark, little, mysterious book shop and ends up playing a game with the shopowner. The boy gets sucked into the game and ends up in a fantasy world that is inhabited by all sorts of mythical beings like dragons. But something went wrong and the boy's mind ends up in a dragons body. Throughout the story he tries to control this new dragonbody (learn to fly, breathe fire) and with the help of a wizard tries to find a way back to the 'real' world.
I know that at the end of the movie there's a huge fight between two dragon armies, and the boy is confronted with the main bad guy. I think the boy defeated the bad guy by naming all sorts of sciences. (i think).

Does anybody know the name of this 'old' cartoon?
thanks

saintjon
November 20th, 2002, 04:58 PM
Well, at first I thought you were talking about the Pagemaster, but the similarity ended about half way through your description...

Love the avatar btw.

dune dude
November 21st, 2002, 03:22 PM
Flight Of Dragons.

Shura
November 21st, 2002, 04:36 PM
yes! thankx! checked it on a site and it is indeed the cartoon i was looking for. much appreciated!
Now to find it somewhere ...