SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

fluffy bunny
November 30th, 2002, 05:14 AM
Thought I'd have a go at a little film quiz

Ok- I'm going to post up 2 quotes here from a film.

1 point for the film and year
1 point for the character who said them
When you've got the answer, post up some quotes of your own. Oh- it's only a bit of fun, so plz no really rubbishy obscure films

====Warning possible bad language=====
"Some people have a hard time explaining rock 'n' roll. I don't think anyone can really explain rock 'n' roll. Except Pete Townshend, but that's okay. Rock 'n' roll is a lifestyle and a way of thinking... and it's not about money and popularity. Although, some money would be nice. But it's a voice that says, "Here I am... and f**k you if you can't understand me." And one of these people is gonna save the world. And that means that rock 'n' roll can save the world... all of us together. And the chicks are great. But what it all comes down to is that thing. The indefinable thing when people catch something in your music"
________
Look I work as hard or harder than anyone on that stage. You know what I do? I connect. I get people off. I look for that one guy that's not getting off, and I MAKE him get off!

milamber_reborn
November 30th, 2002, 06:40 AM
Haven't seen it yet, but my guess is . . . Almost Famous.

Kilroy
November 30th, 2002, 02:53 PM
I'm guessing "This is Spinal Tap"

Kilroy Was Here

fluffy bunny
December 1st, 2002, 07:04 AM
milamber was correct with almost famous- who want's to post up a second set of quotes?

kater
December 1st, 2002, 01:47 PM
Here's a couple then:

"You tell them I'm coming and Hell's coming with me you hear, hell's coming with me"

and from another film:

"You want gopher, I already had one"

Shehzad
December 1st, 2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by kater

"The Revenge of Carmichael!?

Jacquin
December 2nd, 2002, 04:24 AM
Here's a couple then:

"You tell them I'm coming and Hell's coming with me you hear, hell's coming with me"

and from another film:

No idea about the second quote but the first is without a doubt from Tombstone, IMHO the best modern western. I believe it was Wyatt himself.

J

fluffy bunny
December 2nd, 2002, 05:13 AM
only film i can think of with gophers is groundhog day.

Can't remember the quote though

Cadfael
December 2nd, 2002, 06:59 AM

That does sound like a James Cagney quote... but I am gonna go for Young Guns 2

DarthV
December 2nd, 2002, 07:24 AM

That's from Tombstone. Awesome movie!

Kind of funny about the quotes from Almost Famous... me and the GF watched it on Sat afternoon :)