PDA

View Full Version : Two Towers - Soundtrack etc.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Crysania
December 1st, 2002, 10:52 PM
Just heard the song... Gollum's Song... My God, what an obnoxious title in and of itself... like some dam soap opera theme (Nadia's, Laura's et al) and the kid on vocals.... a poor man's Bjork. Not even. Just someone who sounds 12 - actually, someone who might have done for Gollum, herself. I'm SICK of BAD female singers! My God! Sorry, I hope this doesn't bode ill of the film. Of course I adored Enya's vocals on the first soundtrack and wasn't too thrilled with the film. So perhaps this will have the opposite effect.

Here's hoping...

Draxinusom
December 16th, 2002, 10:50 AM
From what I've heard the track 19 - Gollum's Song will only be played in the end credits, not during the movie.

Also from the pre-screenings comments, Gollum's performance will be extremly well done.

But that's all from sources I have read, not my own experience. Of course my ticket is in my purse since the first day where you could buy it... I'll see TTT on wednesday, 18.th 16:35 (4:35pm) in GMT+2 timezone, so at about 8 - 11 am in US if I calculated that correctly.

Almost can't wait... only two restless nights away :-)

Kirby
December 20th, 2002, 05:35 AM
Didn't mind the Gollum song - yes it is only played with the credits. I think having a "normal sounding" singer would have made it worse - as it is, it's a little quirky, and Björk-like, more in keeping with Gollum, I guess. I don't listen to it that often, when I'm playing the soundtrack though. (It's been on constant rotate in my discman!)

Anyway, My favourite tracks were 16 (Forth Eorlingas) and 17 respectively.
:) I really enjoy the noble/stirring feeling about it!

I, Brian
December 22nd, 2002, 12:16 PM
Soundtrack to "Fellowship" was quite superb. Looking forward to the "Two Towers" soundtrack. Never cared for Enya's end credits, so if the End Credits track on II is poor, then c'est la vie! Howard Shore has already impressed.

Soon Lee
December 22nd, 2002, 02:56 PM
Whereas The Fellowship of The Ring exhibited portions where the music was too loud and intrusive, I didn't find it so for The Two Towers. As for the soundtrack on its own, I generally find that the best soundtracks are those that complement the movie and those don't usually work as stand-alone pieces. OTOH, being a long-time fan of Elizabeth Fraser (from her time in the Cocteau Twins and This Mortal Coil), I might just have to buy myself a copy of the soundtrack.

I, Brian
December 23rd, 2002, 03:57 PM
Elizabeth Fraser (from her time in the Cocteau Twins and This Mortal Coil)

Ah, now I did not know that. Cocteau were vibrant, but TMC just a little too melancholic. How is she connected with LOTR: TTT?

Soon Lee
December 23rd, 2002, 04:56 PM
She does vocals on one of the tracks of TTT soundtrack IIRC 'Isengard Unleashed'

Miriamele
January 8th, 2003, 02:43 PM
I just got the soundtrack for TTT a few days ago and have been listening to it ever since. There are a few tracks I don't care for, but judging the album as a whole I am utterly impressed. So much of it is so stirring and beautiful! I never really noticed the music while I was watching the movie, but now that I have the soundtrack I realize that Howard Shore is a very talented composer. I can hardly wait to hear the music for ROTK.