View Full Version : Christmas games

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

kater
December 5th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Anyone got the new Tony Hawks game yet? Worth getting?, also with chrimbo coming up do people have recommendations for some ps2 games I can nab to play over the holiday.

fluffy bunny
December 5th, 2002, 12:48 PM
new tony hawk's is good- but i wouldn't recommend it if you've got the old one- will get back to u on the games

kater
December 5th, 2002, 12:53 PM
How come? Is there not much difference between the old and new one? I played the other one obsessively until I cracked a million points then it got a bit boring but I had high hopes for the new one.

fluffy bunny
December 5th, 2002, 01:25 PM
It's really good- and if you loved 3 that much, go for it. There's a lot of subtle tweaks and changes. I only said stick with 3 'cos I'm really crap at 4 and I was creaming it in 3 ;)
Then again, what's new?

kater
December 5th, 2002, 01:29 PM
lol - cheers m8, I was awful at 3 for a while until I worked out how to string tricks together, especially using the revert and manuals, I'd imagine it'll be the same with 4, the creators probably didn't want someone who was awesome at 3 ripping apart the game in a day.

DarthV
December 5th, 2002, 09:04 PM
I was over at my best friend's place the other night and tried out Tony Hawk 4 on his PS2... I liked the way they changed the whole goals method...instead of have 2:00 or whatever to do all kinds of stuff on a map, you now have unlimited time...and you have to find peopel that give you goals...you get a time limit to complete it...

They also added in a few neat new moves as well.

Vice City looked pretty cool too.

I wonder what Tony Hawk looks like on the Xbox... I'm going to buy one this weekend :)

kater
December 5th, 2002, 10:05 PM
Vice City rocks - my roommate here in the states has it and man can you do some nasty stuff - I think there's a thread in this section I started about it, check it out its evil :D

milamber_reborn
December 6th, 2002, 03:44 AM
Tony Hawk 4 and GTA: Vice City have been tipped for Game Of The Year in the reviews i've read. The fact that Tony Hawk games get great reviews every year means that they are improving enough each time not to get stale.

Another one to look out for on PS2 is The Getaway. It's a cross between Vice City and Mafia. The graphics kick ass and so does the gameplay from what I've heard.

DarthV
December 8th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Well I finally got around to buying an Xbox this weekend...unfortunately one of the 2 bundled games would not play...it would just freeze the console... so back to the store it goes. It probably was a bad disc, but since it was a brand new system, it's just easier to get a new one than to wait for MS to send out a new copy of the disc. Then again it could have been a bad dvd drive...

kater
December 8th, 2002, 09:48 PM
Doh, what games did you have with it? I hope one was Halo ;)