View Full Version : Best film fights?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Eldanuumea
December 6th, 2002, 08:04 PM
(As I am a complete newbie around here, I may be suggesting a topic that's been done.....if so, forgive me.)

What are your favorite film duel/fights? I will wait to post mine until others have had a go.

Aylis
December 6th, 2002, 09:20 PM
I like the ones in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and the ones in The Matrix.. then again, I love martial arts... as for a specific one... I'll hafta think about that...

kater
December 6th, 2002, 10:23 PM
Snatch does a top dog job of fights, any of the Rocky films :D
Fight Club is pretty awesome - I too will return with more :D

Daedalusman
December 6th, 2002, 11:05 PM
I would have to go with The Matrix, Fight Club, and The One. Thought that the fights in these movies were just down right awesome.

Kilroy
December 6th, 2002, 11:12 PM
Ok, that wire jumping crap from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was pathetic, but that's just me. You want good fights, any Jackie Chan movie. The best are in "Legend of Drunken Master." and "Gorgeous."

Kilroy Was Here

Eldanuumea
December 6th, 2002, 11:49 PM
The first courtyard fight between the two women in Crouching Tiger is, IMHO, one of the best duels I have ever seen on film.
The fight between Neo and Agent Smith in the subway station is very cool.
For pure fun, I love the duel between Wesley and Mandy Patimkin's character in The Princess Bride.
And how about the final duel between Liam Neesom and Tim Roth in RobRoy?
Then, of course, there's the climctic lightsaber battle with Qui-gon, ObiWan, and Darth Maul in Phantom Menace.

Nevyn
December 7th, 2002, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Eldanuumea
And how about the final duel between Liam Neesom and Tim Roth in RobRoy?
yeah , I felt every touch !! very real :)

Bond
December 7th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Amongst others the fights in Enter the Dragon, the duels in Tai-Chi Master (a.k.a. Twin Warriors), the final duel between Stewart Granger and Mel Ferrer in Scaramouche, Darth Vader-Luke Skywalker in The Empire Strikes Back, not a movie but favorite animated duels were in the samurai showdowns in Rurouni Kenshin, the swordfights in The Mask of Zorro and more recently the fight at the end of Brotherhood of the Wolf.

saintjon
December 7th, 2002, 06:45 PM
Ditto Kenshin.

Speaking of anime fights, I saw the Cowboy Bebop movie the other day and the fight scenes are easily on par with the other stuff mentioned here. Some of the fights from the series, most notably the ones with Vicious, were amazing as well.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Drunken Master, but as for Crouching Tiger, if you look beyond the wire-work the weapon styles are perfect, and a joy to watch.

The duel at the end of Rob Roy was sweet, but my favourite part was where he threw the rope around Tim Roth's neck and jumped off the bridge. That was one of the coolest things ever.

Just about every violent scene in the Boondock Saints was gold. Great movie.

Aylis
December 9th, 2002, 01:41 AM
I also thought the one with Yoda in Episode 2 was pretty good - only 'cuz it was so funny... or maybe it's just me... :D