View Full Version : Amethyst Princess of Gemworld

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

CrimzonClawz
December 12th, 2002, 08:14 AM
Hey are there any Amethyst fans out there - well this is the place for you.

I was wondering if anyone can give me any info on Amethysts's return - i heard awhile back that she was indeed returning, but so far i haven't seen anything so far on the racks.

Also I know there is a connection between here and Mysa Nal and that she is Lord of Order.

Also I am looking to find out all her appearances outside of her own book and what her last know status was - plus any other people connections she might have t people.

Okay so I hope someone out there can help me and that there are fans of her i can talk to.

:rolleyes:

BigStinker
February 7th, 2003, 01:16 AM
Oh my God! I haven't heard that name in years!:D :D :D

If I remember correctly, the Gemworld was indeed the planet which Mysa the White Witch and her sister Dream Girl (Legion of Super Heroes) came from.

If you ever saw Crisis on Infinite Earths there were a few panels in which Dr. Fate looked into Amy's blind eyes and recognized her as a Lord of Order.

Then there was a mini-series after that in which at the end Ameythyst became part of the planet... I think.

I also think there is a connection between Mordred from the Legion rogues gallery and Amethyst, but I can't remember what it was.

BigStinker
February 7th, 2003, 01:29 AM
Here's a good website I just found that gives her bio...

http://www.geocities.com/bastetmajik/A-M/amethyst.html

and also some (Or all?) of her appearances...

http://www.geocities.com/meg177/appearances.html

CrimzonClawz
February 7th, 2003, 12:13 PM
Okay do you remember in the MINI SERIES - where amethyst finally became the gemworld and was tended by White Opal?

welll you know that Turquoise and Topaz married and had two sons - one son killed the other - the evil son became Modred - and he was absorbed into the gemworld by amethyst.

I have no idea how he escaped, but then i read legion of superheros and saw that he became Mysa's hubby and mistreated her.

there was a story arc where Mysa encountered a piece of the gemworld and was eventually possessed by her in order to take revenge on Modred.

what I want to find is where Mysa first appeared - and her origin and all the stuff that says she is from the gemworld. If this is true , which it looks to be, because in the last panel of the amethyst mini series we see her reading about amethyst then what house was she from and who were her parents and did she know Citrina or about dark Opal ... so many questions i have.

BigStinker
February 7th, 2003, 12:43 PM
According to...

Shvaugn Erin is assigned LSH/Science Police Liaison; XS is revealed as Barry (Flash) Allen's granddaughter. (She is the daughter of Dawn Allen.) Using the Star of Akkos, Mysa (1st chronological app.) secretly steals Kinetix's powers.

LSH Ann. 6

From... http://www.angelfire.com/comics/fangirl/whitewitch.html

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/fangirl/whitewitch.gif

First Appearance: (historical) Adventure Comics #350 (1966)

Height: 5'8" _ _ _ _ _ _ Weight: 122 lbs. _ _ _ _ _

Hair: Purple (formerly white, strawberry blonde, gray) _ _ _ _ _ Eyes: Light Green_

Former Group Affiliation: Legion of Super-Heroes

Mysa has the ability to cast spells of healing, transmutation, and life-support.

And then there's the Who's Who page on her...

http://www.geocities.com/legionvol5/ww.html

http://www.geocities.com/legionvol5/mysa.html

Han Solo
February 7th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by BigStinker
Oh my God! I haven't heard that name in years!:D :D :D

If I remember correctly, the Gemworld was indeed the planet which Mysa the White Witch and her sister Dream Girl (Legion of Super Heroes) came from.

If you ever saw Crisis on Infinite Earths there were a few panels in which Dr. Fate looked into Amy's blind eyes and recognized her as a Lord of Order.

Then there was a mini-series after that in which at the end Ameythyst became part of the planet... I think.

I also think there is a connection between Mordred from the Legion rogues gallery and Amethyst, but I can't remember what it was.

Blue, I love Legion of Super Heroes and I used to collect Amethyst.

I still collect Legion.

Han Solo
February 7th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by BigStinker

I'll have to dig up Crisis. Coolest artist is George Perez.

BigStinker
February 7th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Han Solo

I'll have to dig up Crisis. Coolest artist is George Perez.

I am sooooo in love with you at this moment Han!!!! TRIPLE MWA!!!:D :D :D

BigStinker
February 7th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Han Solo

Blue, I love Legion of Super Heroes and I used to collect Amethyst.

I still collect Legion.

I adored the Legion! I even went out and bought most of the back issues where Neal Adams drew them!

Shoot... I forgot to put him in my fav comic book artists list!:eek:

CrimzonClawz
February 7th, 2003, 01:11 PM
anyway

Amethyst is what got me into legion of superheroes - it was like dc's answer to X-Men.

I always wanted to know what happened to Amber and Emmy?

i always though it was sad what happened to them.

and i never understood where amber came from in the first place?

also the last time I saw Amethyst she seemed evil - this was in Book of Fate - but i never got the full story on that- can anyone fill me in?

one last thing - what became of the inhabitants of the gemworld anyways/ after the crisis?! they can't be all dead and forgotten can they?!