View Full Version : Farscape final episodes Jan 2003

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

An8el
December 17th, 2002, 04:07 AM
I'm really miffed that Farscape is ending...talk about a terrible disappointment when first it's announced that Farscape is going to do two more seasons and then it's kaputt! Seems like the last two episodes outlined below were made before they decided to cancel it... What do you think?

Anyway, for any diehards like me, who have taped almost every episode, I found what the last ones are going to be about and when they are supposed to be playing... they start Friday, 10th January 2003 @ 8pm on the SciFi channel. So, skip what's in between the spoiler spaces if you don't want to see their synopsis...

SPOILER spaces

SPOILER spaces

SPOILER spaces

Here it is:

Friday, 10th January 2003 @ 8pm - New Episode!

"Kansas"

Season Four continues as the Moya crew finally gets to Earth, 1985. Unfortunately, Crichton discovers that he has somehow disastrously changed the course of time - his father Jack is now slated to fly the doomed Challenger mission. Lying low in Crichton's hometown, the "aliens" use the timely Halloween celebrations to remain (almost) anonymous, while Crichton
tries to revert the timeline - in the process putting his younger self in mortal danger.

Friday, 17th January 2003 @ 8pm - New Episode!

"Terra Firma"

The crew returns to Moya - in orbit around modern-day Earth - to find Jack and a contingent of Earth dignitaries waiting for them. The aliens are introduced to an amazed and aprehensive public, but soon find life in the public eye difficult. As Crichton tries to readjust to life on Earth, his relationships become strained, especially with Aeryn. Meanwhile, a monstrous assassin is sent by Grayza to hunt for Crichton.

Friday, 24th January 2003 @ 8pm - New Episode!

"Twice Shy"

Chiana purchases Talikaa (Paula Arundell), an abused slave girl from a passing trading ship. When the crew starts acting strangely and Talikaa disappears, they realize she may not be as innocent as she seemed.

Friday, 31st January 2003 @ 8pm - New Episode!

"Mental as Anything"

Scorpius takes Crichton, D'Argo and Rygel into an advanced training camp where students learn mental discipline. D'Argo is confronted with the arrival of Macton (Blair Venn), the Peacekeeper who murdered his wife, Lo'Laan (Rachel Gordon), then framed him for the crime. When Scorpius forces Crichton into torturous anti-Scarran training, D'Argo must face the demons
from his past ... alone.

SPOILER spaces

An8el
December 17th, 2002, 04:25 AM
..oh, and there's going to be a "chain reaction" of Farscape (whole bunch of episodes in a row) on Dec. 24th 2002 on the SciFi channel...
:p

Eldanuumea
December 18th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by An8el
..oh, and there's going to be a "chain reaction" of Farscape (whole bunch of episodes in a row) on Dec. 24th 2002 on the SciFi channel...
:p

Thanks a million for that info....I was a newcomer to farscape this past season and fell head over heels in love with the show, only to have it cancelled out from under me.
I personally think it the most creative, fun thing on TV in years.
I thought some of this season's episodes were brilliant.

An8el
December 19th, 2002, 02:05 AM
Here's what the Sci-fi Channel had to say about the 'Scapers who don't want the series to end... Their reason for canceling is they didn't expand their fan base enough! So call up or write them and bitch!

Thank you for your tremendous efforts in support of Farscape. We have received the many phone messages, e-mails, faxes, letters and flowers that you have been sending. And they are appreciated. (Unfortunately, we will have to return the check for $60 that was sent to help pay for a new season.) Your dedication and devotion to the series make us all proud to have worked on such a beloved show.
We request that you direct all your e-mails to programming@scifi.com so we can keep track of how much Farscape mail we receive. This mailbox is checked throughout every business day by SCI FI staff members. Also, SCIFI.COM staff members monitor the BBoards every day, so messages posted there will be read. We request that you refrain from sending your comments directly to individual employees, either by e-mail or by phone.
If you'd like to call, you can leave a message on our Viewer Line (1)-212-413-5679. Although many other numbers have been posted, this is the one to use to ensure that your voice is heard. If the mailbox is full, please try again later, as we listen to the messages every few hours.
Maybe our protesting will make a difference or not, but at least I know where to call or write now!

milamber_reborn
December 20th, 2002, 07:31 AM
Have they canned the movie as well?

As for the game. Could have been better I've read, but that's the same with any movie/tv show to game conversion.

I, Brian
December 22nd, 2002, 12:29 PM
Enjoyed season 1 - but then when they started trying to turn every episode into something overtly sexual, and brought in scorpius, the whole thing said "just another tired mindless cliched piece of pulp to swallow". So I didn't.

Darn those marketing execs. It could have been better if they hadn't tried to make it into American cheese.

milamber_reborn
December 22nd, 2002, 09:48 PM
Scorpy is one of a kind.

milamber_reborn
December 29th, 2002, 10:31 PM
Farscape just came back on to free-to-air TV again over here. Don't know what season we're up to, but John just got Scorpie's chip out of head etc. It's finally recaptured a good timeslot and it's 6 hours worth is being shown this week! (Instead of the normal 1 episode a week). Farscape overkill, and I'm enjoying it.

An8el
December 30th, 2002, 12:21 AM
I think you're at the beginning of season three. Oh, I wish I was back there with all those 44 episodes still to go...:cool:

If you go over to The SciFi Channel (http://www.scifi.com/farscape/) and choose "journey logs" you can look at the pretty good descriptions and pictures of the episodes for the last 4 years. They never tell you the descriptions until they air the show and they never give away the endings either. But it's enough to make me drool and wish I had taped them all....:mad:

Cephus
December 30th, 2002, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by An8el
Maybe our protesting will make a difference or not, but at least I know where to call or write now!

From what I understand, the new episodes shown in January will be the test. If there is a consistently high viewership for every single episode, it's possible that Farscape can come back, or have a movie or something just to finish up the storyline. But if those ratings are not high, there is no chance.