View Full Version : Empire Earth

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Valada
December 22nd, 2002, 09:08 PM
What's the general consensus on Empire Earth?

milamber_reborn
December 22nd, 2002, 09:46 PM
Only heard good things about it.

Valada
December 25th, 2002, 06:49 PM
The question is, how much better than AoE2 is it? They look very similar to me, and I'm wondering how much "added value" is in EE... ie, is it worth forking out the dosh?

milamber_reborn
December 25th, 2002, 09:19 PM
Read a review a while back on Gamespy, and they gave it 94% and found it hard to fault, aside from high system requirements. And they usually find faults.

Its practically Age of Empires, with a 3D camera, better graphics, and a more epic time scale. And you can probably get it for a good price now.

Dominus
January 30th, 2003, 08:31 AM
I have EE, and it is a really fun game, much better then AoE2. You can have a ton more units, plus the really cool feature of going from the Stone Age to the Nano Age, with everything in between. It has many different units, and some of the special ones have really cool abilities like calling down lightning from the gods, or teleporting units, very cool.

celeb-galad
February 4th, 2003, 09:22 AM
I haven't played AoE, but Empire Earth sure is fun, although I needed a bit to understand the "concept". The graphics are nice, the sound is amusing and funny, and the gameplay is smooth.:)

Merancapeman
February 4th, 2003, 09:27 AM
hmm... I love aoe2 but havn't played ee, i don't like the looks of ee, i thought considering it went to every age it would be difficult to play, aoe2 is a fun game because of the fact it takes place in three ages and dosn't jump too fast.

Dominus
February 4th, 2003, 09:58 AM
That's the cool thing with EE, is it's customizability. You can set what age you want to start at and end in skirmish, and the single player campaigns start at various points in history (Classical Greece for one), so you can decide what and how many ages you want to play.:D

Merancapeman
February 4th, 2003, 10:26 AM
Cool! I wish there was a download site where you could download the demo/free full version of it...

Mike-is there?

milamber_reborn
February 4th, 2003, 09:29 PM
I get my demos from a gaming mag at the local library.