PDA

View Full Version : What's the worst movies you have ever seen?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

OgreWolf
January 1st, 2003, 02:24 PM
Hi guys!

I was wondering what the worst movies you have ever seen are, so I can stay away of them. I have had my fill with bad movies!

I would like to start with some myself.

The One - omfg!

Wild Wild West - No comment.

2001 A Space Odessy - Although i haven't seen the whole movie, only the begginning and the end, and I know it's a classic, but what's the deal with this film. First it starts out with half an hour of apes, and the end was terrible with som cheap colour twistings(?).

Cephus
January 1st, 2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by OgreWolf
2001 A Space Odessy - Although i haven't seen the whole movie, only the begginning and the end, and I know it's a classic, but what's the deal with this film. First it starts out with half an hour of apes, and the end was terrible with som cheap colour twistings(?).

I agree with you on 2001. Yes, it was a groundbreaking film for the time, but it certainly isn't anything wonderful. And they had to market it to druggies at the time to get anyone to see it.

There are so many really bad movies out there, but I enjoy a lot of them, especially the ones that are trying so hard to be serious but just can't quite do it...

Keyoke
January 1st, 2003, 07:56 PM
First Knight. Oh god.. I can't believe I saw that in the theatres!

Their was also a Sean Connery, Richard Gere movie about King Arthur, cant remember the name.. but, that one sucked as well.

Crash by David Cronenberg as well. So many bad movies..

Keyoke

trentdick2882
January 1st, 2003, 08:01 PM
First Knight is the movie with sean connery and richard gere. did you mean Black Knight?

Lifino
January 1st, 2003, 09:09 PM
I just got done watching Nurse Betty. I'll just say that I'm glad I got it from the Library for free...

It had Renee Zelwiger, Morgan Freeman, Chris Rock and Greg Kinnear(the guy with the dog from As Good As It Gets) It is supposed to be a comedy, and I'd heard good things about it... It isn't funny and is slightly disturbing at times... High point - You see someone get Scalped!

Stewart
January 2nd, 2003, 08:40 PM
Despite having some very cool action scenes and a very cute asian actress starring this action flick was a waste of some money that was frankly hard to mooch off my parents.

kahnovitch
January 3rd, 2003, 07:37 AM
There's a little known film aptly called "Bad Taste" which is really crap.
The irony of it being, it was directed by none other than the guy who is now doing the LotR trilogy, Mr Jackson.
Thank God he got better!

DarthV
January 3rd, 2003, 10:03 AM
Wow more than 5 posts and nobody has mentioned:

Battlefield Earth ???!!

Then again maybe you folks were lucky, unlike me, and hadn't been dragged to it by friends. I was on call that evening and after 10 minutes of the movie I was praying to be paged...it was bad.

Nevyn
January 3rd, 2003, 05:19 PM
There's too many to list so here's a couple that stand out for me .

Dead Poets Society
Hollywood Shufle
Far and Away
The Sum of Us

milamber_reborn
January 3rd, 2003, 10:06 PM
I loved Battlefield Earth. The huge novel, which is more detailed than the movie, was written decades ago, so by today's standards it is cliched and mindless. The special effects were great, especially the final scene and and spaceship exhausts on takeoff. The actors also pulled off the characters pretty good, including John Travolta who always plays villians well.