PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to Smallville

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

OgreWolf
January 1st, 2003, 03:30 PM
I would just like to make a tribute to the TV-series Smallville.

In my oppinion, this series rocks, and is much better than "The adventures of Lois and Clark".

Which do you think is best?

BTW: Lana's parents must have had some kind of cheatcodes when creating her.

kater
January 1st, 2003, 06:09 PM
Two words - Kristin Kreuk :D ;) :D

milamber_reborn
January 2nd, 2003, 05:16 AM
The first season finished here about a month back. Awesome show. I like Lois and Clark until the last couple of seasons when it went down the toilet. The actors did a good job, especially Dean Cain and John Shea. As for Smallville - it rocks. The actors and storylines are great. Just hope it doesn't get axed like Dark Angel.

Wonder how many seasons it'll take until they have to send Clark to Metropolis?

(no 2nd season spoilers please)

Cuendillar
January 2nd, 2003, 06:54 PM
I have to join this tribute to Smallville, too.

Can't remember if I turned mr OgreWolf on to it or not. I might or mightn't have. Whatever...

It is great! L&C had all these tech-villains and poor special FX, while Smallville has the meteor-mutants and great special FX. Finally I TV-show in this type of genre that puts emphasis on characters and their development. At times I think this show is deep. And the meteor-mutants don't get boring if you have the right attitude.

A new seson started on Monday, dunno which, but I'm glad there was only a week between sesons. Funny. First time I've ever been pleased with Norwegian TV.

Fourteen thumbs up for this show!

OgreWolf
January 2nd, 2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Cuendillar

Can't remember if I turned mr OgreWolf on to it or not. I might or mightn't have. Whatever...

You did. And thank you for that.

In Norway we were lucky, because what I thought was the season finale was really the season premiere. I really pity you Americans (or whatever) who had to wait a long time for this epsiode, because the last one ended kind of midstory.

Well anyways, as Cuendillar said, finally norwegian tv did something good. :D

And if they're not sending more smallville after this season I hope they'll continue with the next season of Buffy.

BTW: Why is it called rejoice, and not joice the first time and rejoice when you do it again? :rolleyes:

Oh, whatever.

Rejoice!!

Celtic Warrior
January 5th, 2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by kater
Two words - Kristin Kreuk :D ;) :D
I always find it funny to see that she's named "Kreuk", that's a Dutch word, and I just looked up, her father is Dutch. I wonder how the English-talking pronounce it :D
It means crease/wrinkle btw.

The series is not bad, not great either.

Kalmakka
January 8th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Smallville is just increadibly great. Good acting and great characters. I kind of found the kryptonite-mutants in season 1 to be a bit uniform, but luckily the episodes have gotten a lot more varied in the newer episodes.

I add to Cuendillars 14 thumbs up with an additional two.

OgreWolf
January 14th, 2003, 06:47 PM
I am disappointed that not more people have joined this Tribute to Smallville, but it might be that the TV and Film forum is not as frequented as the other forums.

Other reasons why this might be:
- Don't they show smallville where you are?
- You're blind
- You don't know who Kristin Kreuk is.
- You definitely would know if you've seen her.

Mod Edit: Some of the comments expressed here may have been taken offensively, so they have been removed to avoid any unpleasantness. :)

~ Erebus ~

Erebus
January 14th, 2003, 09:41 PM
It is indeed a great show - good scripts and acting - and I'm looking forward to the next season's episodes.

Se'dray-on
January 16th, 2003, 03:04 AM
I'd have to join with all you guys in this tribute to Smallville. Loved the show the first time I saw it. And it has only gotten better. I keep wondering when Lex is going to turn evil, and how? I mean, he seems to be trying so hard to be good.

Oh and the one reason all males watch. Kristin Kreuk!

The second season is even better than the first, imo, and the first was kick@$$.