View Full Version : Starwars

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

OgreWolf
January 3rd, 2003, 10:48 AM
What the heck is so good about starwars? Have you fans ever stopped to ask yourselves that question. C'mon the story sucks bigtime.

Now, starwars fans, it's time for you to assemble you defences.(???)

OgreWolf
January 3rd, 2003, 11:07 AM
And what's up with all these ugly plastic helmets?

Stewart
January 3rd, 2003, 12:07 PM
It was the fact that the Star Wars films with less technology then anything today are still almost unmatched in their execution. Every time I watch the Death Star runs it seems better, the battle between Luke and Vader in tESB and again in RotJ. Let us not forget my favorite part of all the Star Wars movies, the cataclysmic Battle of Endor which to date is probably the best space battle ever.

Shehzad
January 4th, 2003, 02:27 AM
Hm... somewhat trollish, methinks.

kahnovitch
January 4th, 2003, 04:52 AM
Well it may seem a little dated now but when it was released in the cinema (back in '77 I think) it was the state of the art and still looks holds its own quite well when compared with all the CGI SFX that are used today.
Nothing like it had ever been done before and it set the benchmark for it's day.
IMO the original 3 films kick the butt of the last two prequels.

Jack Burton
January 4th, 2003, 01:51 PM
Star Wars has a special place in my mind for me..I saw it when it was released in the theaters and what a fnatastic experince it was. I STILL enjoy it, and Empire is my favorite! ROTJ is the weakest part of the 'first' episodes, but good fun..however, the 'prequels' leave a lot to be desired! OrgeWolf, it's just a matter of taste..like people who are rabid fans of Farscape, Babylon 5, etc, Stargate SG-1..I've seen some eps of those shows and found them to be less than thrilling, so............ :rolleyes:

OgreWolf
January 4th, 2003, 02:10 PM
To be honest, I am not very fond of Sci-Fi.
I think the StarWars movies might be entertaining to a certain degree.
I just can't see why he would put that pink(?) guy in the movies (don' remember his name. The guy that says "yousa mesa" or something). I can see that he would want a comic relief, but there's a limit to how silly your characters can be before ruining it all...

Jack Burton
January 4th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Ahh I see..to each his own..! Jar-Jar binks is the name you lookin' for! Yes, very ,very bad character!

Shehzad
January 4th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Ogrewolf, you seem to lack a certain familiarity with the material you're attacking. Maybe if your post was coherent, with logical arguments with specific examples quoted, we might take you seriously. Till then, no chance.

OgreWolf
January 4th, 2003, 05:48 PM
All I say is that I didn't like the story, and that I wan't to know why you liked the movie.