New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

OgreWolf
January 3rd, 2003, 11:11 AM
:D
Anyone else who liked it?

kahnovitch
January 4th, 2003, 06:07 AM
I liked a lot of the Monty Python stuff, personal fave being the Holy Grail and the lairy French knight taunting Arthur etc.

Cephus
January 5th, 2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by OgreWolf
:D

Loved it, but I love all Python.

Daedalusman
January 5th, 2003, 12:57 AM
Yeah I thought it was pretty funny. The Monty Python are one funny bunch of guys, I love them. My fave would probably have to be The holy grail.

enazwo
January 5th, 2003, 01:31 AM
Monty Python was brilliant. Not anything remotely in their league as of late, and nothing on the horizon.

Loved "Life of Brian". especially that last song when they're all being crucified.

"Always look on the bright side of life"
Then that cool little whistling riff.
"Always look on the bright side of life"

Also "The Meaning of Life" is some genius stuff.
That song goes something like this,
"Every sperm is sacred,
every sperm is great,
If a sperm is wasted
Then God gets quite irate"

Richardb
January 6th, 2003, 06:14 PM
Life of Brian... well you had to really love Monty Python to get this one, it was their best stuff. I loved it, and still do. Most folks think it was too strange, and prefer the mainstream Holy Grail (which I too love, and had memorized at one point in my life...) but LOB is just the funniest damn thing ever put to film.

I, Brian
January 7th, 2003, 02:21 PM
Life of Brian

Second funniest comedy in the world.

Mona Lisa has first place.

Rumfuddle
January 11th, 2003, 02:24 PM
I loved The Life of Brian.
It had they added spice of being banned in Ireland (where I'm from) but it then was released on video (the absurd censorship laws not covering video somehow ) with quotes from eminent churchmen on the back. I remember one from the well known (in Ireland) media priest Brian D'Arcy saying that if you liked this film you must have mental problems. Words like vile and sick were also used.
I remember my Mother, who is a practising Catholic, finally watched it a couple of years ago and thought it was one of the funniest things she'd ever seen.

Mears
January 14th, 2003, 05:27 PM
I have just acquired the Criterion DVD (Region 1) on the recommendation of a friend. It is very good, widescreen, extras good sound. Bought the film back to life for me, what about you Biggus Dickus. Romanus et Domi.

Mamb
February 6th, 2003, 12:16 PM
Life of Brian? The funniest film EVER. It's just so bizzarly randomly GENIUS.
Some of the best moments:

The stoning of the man who says "Jehova"
The haggling
Pilate, Biggus Dickus and their speech impediments
The guy who jokes about being innocent when he is about to be crucified.