PDA

View Full Version : What sort of SF writer are you?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

I, Brian
January 9th, 2003, 03:38 PM
A little light relief I thought I'd share:

http://gning.org/skiffy.html

I scored this:

You are:

Arthur C. Clarke
Well known for nonfiction science writing and for early promotion of the effort toward space travel, his fiction was often grand and visionary.

Remember - it's only for fun!

Holbrook
January 9th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Well,

E.E. "Doc" Smith
The inventor of space opera. His purple space war tales remain well-read generations later.

Which is strange when I was much younger I had a "thing" about Grey Lensman.... it must have been the leather uniform.....:eek:

Cephus
January 9th, 2003, 05:19 PM
Hal Clement (Harry C. Stubbs)
A quiet and underrated master of "hard science" fiction who, among other things, foresaw integrated circuits back in the 1940s.

Go figure. ;)

Se'dray-on
January 9th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Gregory Benford
A master literary stylist who is also a working scientist.

Which is funny as h*ll cause I couldn't be a scientist is my life depended on it! Math and Science are my worst enemies!:rolleyes:

Hereford Eye
January 9th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Isaac Asimov
One of the most prolific writers in history, on any imaginable subject. Cared little for art but created lasting and memorable tales.

Me and the Good Doctor.

Kilroy
January 9th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Gregory Benford
A master literary stylist who is also a working scientist.

This fits me more than it does Se'Dray on. I will be a scientist, i take 4 different University Prep Sciences and 3 UP Maths. Astronomy and Astropysics, her i come. And I already know i'm a master.

Kilroy Was Here

Stewart
January 9th, 2003, 09:40 PM
David Brin
Bestselling producer of impossible-to-put-down epic adventures in a far-flung future.

milamber_reborn
January 10th, 2003, 02:43 AM
Arthur C. Clarke
Well known for nonfiction science writing and for early promotion of the effort toward space travel, his fiction was often grand and visionary.

Although the US-politics questions I couldn't really answer, but I'm happy with the result.

kahnovitch
January 10th, 2003, 05:35 AM
Samuel R. Delany
Few have had such broad commercial success with aggressively experimental prose techniques.

mistri
January 10th, 2003, 07:18 AM
Another

Hal Clement (Harry C. Stubbs)
A quiet and underrated master of "hard science" fiction who, among other things, foresaw integrated circuits back in the 1940s.

I wouldn't mind being a master of hard science fiction, but I'm aiming for fantasy first :)

(But when testing the system I had to change loads of questions to get a different author - so I must be very Hal-like)