View Full Version : 28 days later

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rumfuddle
January 11th, 2003, 01:31 PM
28 days later. A post-apocalyptic zombie-ish movie by the director of Trainspotting Danny Boyle.
Anyone seen it? I liked it alot. It wasn't especially original but it was unusually stylish and had a great soundtrack....

SPOILER

I thought it dumbed down a bit too much at the end though with the messenger boy single-handedly defeating everyone.

LeMort
January 13th, 2003, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I saw it and I also liked it.

I agree with you about the soundtrack too - Great stuff!

Solaar
January 13th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Cracking film - almost as good as Dog Soldiers!

Solaar
howling at the moon

LeMort
January 13th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Nah... It's better than Dog Soldiers.

Not that Dog Soldiers wasn't a good film - it's probably one of my favourite Werewolf movies!

MrKip
January 21st, 2003, 07:55 AM
28 Days Later was one of the best films of last year. So, how did Danny Boyle screw up the Beach so badly?

PS: The empty streets of London with that really minimalist soundtrack building to the big poster board is the best scene of last year bar none.

Jack Burton
January 22nd, 2003, 08:12 PM
Hoping this will get a US release..perhaps DVD? Soon?

Solaar
January 23rd, 2003, 12:07 PM
Jack - I think it is getting released for you guys soon. And I'm sure its the sort of film you would love!! :)

Solaar
a fellow Fog fan

Jack Burton
January 23rd, 2003, 01:49 PM
Excellent..and yes, I think I will like it..esp loved Dog Soldiers, and some are saying this is as good or better!:D

Solaar
January 23rd, 2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Jack Burton
Excellent..and yes, I think I will like it..esp loved Dog Soldiers, and some are saying this is as good or better!:D

So you have seen Dog Soldiers, Jack? What is your honest opinion?

I loved it. Moreso than 28 days... which was still a good film.

I understand why people prefer it to DS but I'm a cult horror fan and werewolves and zombies are my forte, which is why I prefer DS to 28.

Solaar
waiting with (wolf)baited breath

Jack Burton
January 24th, 2003, 06:11 AM
LOL..I loved Dog Soldiers! One of the best werewolf films since The Howling! Plus, it was partially based on Zulu, which makes it that much more enjoyable for me as well. The film was well-done, the acting first rate and no werewolf CGI! Old school animatronic effects! The way to go!