PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Movies. Which you liked and what novels you'd like turned into movies/tv.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Se'dray-on
January 11th, 2003, 09:27 PM
Fantasy Movies. Which you liked and what novels you'd like turned into movies/tv series and how you think they'd do it. This is a topic near and dear to my heart because I'm going to college to become a script writer and fantasy is what I'd like to produce.

I, personally, would love to see WoT turned into a tv series. Only way, I could see, of making it. They wouldn't make that many movies.

What are your thoughts?

Erebus
January 11th, 2003, 09:33 PM
I think this may be better received here in the Movie section.

Personally, I'd love to see my trilogy made into a movie. I think someone like Peter Jackson would really handle its transformation onto the screen well, whilst remaining as true as possible to the original novel, as he has done so masterfully with the LotR films.

milamber_reborn
January 12th, 2003, 02:52 AM
Magician, because it can be considered as a standalone.

A Song Of Ice And Fire TV series.

trentdick2882
January 12th, 2003, 02:56 AM
I'd like to see the Otherland series by Tad William done as a movie. If someone did it well it would be really amazing. I'd like to see the Wheel of Time done as movies or a TV series also, but that seems kind of impossible. Then again, I didn't think Lord of the Rings could ever be made into good movies either.

Sci Fantasia
January 12th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Personally I was really looking forward to the Pern series, but now that has been cancelled. I'm hoping someone else will pick it up.

Dunno about WoT, a series would need a lot of money and the amount of time it would take would probably result in a small fan-base. Unless it was a CGI anime. Still be huge :eek:

Fanta

Cuendillar
January 12th, 2003, 12:50 PM
How many sesons do you think WoT would end up being? Got to be more than one per book, don't you think?

I would like to see it, though. Unfortunately, I think it would be work better as a cartoon. Too many pitfalls with special effects and lighting and stuff.

I'd like to see the Elenium as a film trilogy. With Peter Stormare as Sparhawk. Could be fun.

Mamb
January 12th, 2003, 01:24 PM
A Song of Ice and Fire series. The plot is brilliant and there will not be too much special effects needed (from what I have read so far...)

Se'dray-on
January 12th, 2003, 05:00 PM
Mamb, you're probably right about ASoIaF. I think it would make a great movie, depending on when he ends it. He's on his third book, any more and we would be talking about something like the Rocky Series. And none of the movies would stand alone - but it could be done, look at LotR and HP movies.

As for WoT. I think it would be great as an anime story. Some really great stories have been told through anime. Although, I personally think only japanese animation could do the story justice. American animation just doesn't have the same seriousness and weight to it that Japanese animation can pull off.

saintjon
January 12th, 2003, 07:29 PM
I think the original Icewind Dale Trilogy would make for one heck of an anime. Do it up in several parts. Japan is about the only place where the animators have the alacrity to do the fights justice IMO. Plus, given the kind of stories they like to tell, I'm surprised they haven't eaten Drizzt up with a spoon already.

I'd like to see movies made for the Shadow War Trilogy. Warwick Davies has aged just about the right amount since playing Willow. I dunno how everyone would feel about most of the cast from Willow dying in the first 5 minutes of the first film though.

Rayn
January 13th, 2003, 05:13 AM
I've always thought Silmarillion would make a good TV-series, same goes for the Dragonlance Chronicles.