View Full Version : Actors and major fantasy roles

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Richardb
January 15th, 2003, 11:31 AM
I was just typing a reply to another thread and ended up who could play the role of Thomas Covanant in a movie and thought... what about other major fantasy roles and what actor could play them?
How about tossing out some fantasy favorite rolls and name an actor that could pull it off.
Some I would love thoughts on:
Jamie, Cersie, and Robert Frost from ASOIaF
Thomas Covanent
Rand, Matt, and Perrin from WoT...
others?

Lifino
January 15th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Rand, Ben Affleck
Matt, Matt Damon
Perrin, Jack Black
Faile, Avril Lavigne

Richardb
January 15th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Lifino
Rand, Ben Affleck
Matt, Matt Damon
Perrin, Jack Black
Faile, Avril Lavigne
Ben works, though he would have to buff up a bit, Matt Damon is a perfect fit, but who is Jack Black, and who is Avril Lavigne? What have they done?

Lifino
January 15th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Perrin alternatives, since Jack Black has the wrong feel for an axe... There's always Fred Durst. I also like the guy who played the male nurse in Magnolia...

Jack Black is a shite talent, who has little skill... here's a google search for him (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Jack+Black&btnG=Google+Search)

See Avril here, warning, big pic (http://www.alavigne.com/Multimedia/pictures/magazines/n-s/SuperNovember2002/01.jpg)
A little google info here (http://www.google.com/search?q=avril+lavigne&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&start=10&sa=N)

But the core of the response was a joke! Kinda like suggesting Vin Diesle for the part of Pug!

Richardb
January 15th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Vin Diesle as Pug.. I like it. Pug needs to toughen up a bit...
How about Arnold Schwarteneger for Perin...
spoken with that thick accent...
'Masema, you stay here wid your crazed followers... I'll be back'
Axe, no problem.

Lifino
January 15th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Rich, you ever produce a movie, I'll be happy to be your Casting Director!

Richardb
January 15th, 2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Lifino
Rich, you ever produce a movie, I'll be happy to be your Casting Director!
something about the blind leading the blind comes to mind here...
At this point, the chances of my producing a movie are just about as good as the chances of my publishing a book mainstream... so keep your day job!

saintjon
January 15th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Would take a really devoted actor to play Covenant, there aren't a lot out there who would be willing to put themselves in the role of such a difficult to relate to character.

Y'know, I think a younger Jeremy Irons, without the accent, could probably pull it off, plus he doesn't playing jerk characters and he's pretty damn talented.

I would like to see Renee Zellwegger do Cersei, just to see her strut around in bitch shoes for awhile.

For Perrin I pick me. I'd have to work out some, but other than that, I SWEAR I'm a dead-ringer. I'd need a fake beard though.

hmmm.... for Robert, I'm tempted to say John Rhys-Davies, or whoever played Hagrid, but if you wanted him to look meaner you could go with that guy who played the Loan Biker of the Apocalypse in Raising Arizona.

I dunno who I'd pick for Mat. Barry Pepper maybe.
Hah! Or Ed Norton, if you could get him to do it.

It's hard to pick Jaime AND Cersei because they have to look so much alike though.

milamber_reborn
January 16th, 2003, 01:28 AM
Don't think Ben Affleck or Matt Damon have the right look.

Mirando Otto for Moirane
Naomi Watts for Nynaeve
Viggo Mortenson for Lan (though a bit short)
Avril Lavigne for Egwene

Ben Affleck for Jon Snow
The Mini-me guy for Tyrion

saintjon
January 16th, 2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by milamber_reborn

Viggo Mortenson for Lan (though a bit short)

NO WAY!!!!

He's not nearly hard-looking enough! Plus that would be hard-core type-casting.

If anyone could do Lan justice it would be a younger Clint Eastwood. He's got the height, the build, the plains and angles face, and doesn't need to say a word to convince you he could kill you.