PDA

View Full Version : Robin Hood: Legend of Sherwood

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

saintjon
January 19th, 2003, 09:09 AM
I got a demo of this game with a PC Gamer and didn't try it until last night.

My impression is this: very fun but really hard. They should have included a tutorial, so you're not reading the little hint scrolls while the Sheriff's men are chopping Maid Marian and Friar Tuck into mincemeat.

Little John's my fave. His voice is just perfect and I love laying out squads of soldiers with the quarterstaff.

It's also very clever how you can interact with the environment, like cutting ropes to lower drawbridges and stuff.

I might have to get the full version of this game sometime. There just isn't enough money in the world for all the games I want though.

kahnovitch
January 21st, 2003, 07:26 AM
Never heard of it SJ, must be quite new.
What sort or game anyway...RPG/strategy?

saintjon
January 21st, 2003, 09:07 AM
It's more tactical than strategy (no resource management THANK GOD!!!!)

It definitely has some RPG elements though.

Supposedly it's a lot like commandos (which I haven't tried) with a kind of neat twist setting and character-wise

Each mission takes place on a beautiful backdrop of a layout, complete with ledges and things to climb up on, buildings to hide tied-up (or dead) soldiers in, I love these little touches.

The AI adds to the fun too. If you manage to KO the two guards, tie them up and hide them, when the patrol comes around and finds them missing the squad leader will start ranting about how the lazy buggers have abandoned their posts and send soldiers to find them.

Robin Hood has a neat trick where he can throw a purse of coins, anyone who sees them will either hold to their conscious or start grabbing them up. If more than one person goes for the gold they'll start knocking each other out. It's sweet.

Merancapeman
February 6th, 2003, 07:44 AM
Commandos used to be an old sega game, boy was that game fun. I really want to play Robin hood, you should send me the demo!!!

saintjon
February 14th, 2003, 11:00 PM
I dunno if it will fit in an e-mail... I guess I can give it a try. You could just order the back issue of PC Gamer I guess.

By Commandos I meant a recent real-time tactical game that was out on PC a few years ago.

OgreWolf
March 21st, 2003, 03:37 PM
I remember having a Robin Hood game for my Atari console (a looooong time ago. Unfortunetely I managed to format the disc, virus control prog said it was infected. Along with all our other bought games... anyways..). It looks a bit like it, remember it was reaaaaly cool, anyone know if there is a connection between these two games, besides of course being about R Hood.