View Full Version : Final Fantasy

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

OgreWolf
January 26th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Anyone else pissed off by the fact that the Final Fantasy isn't really Final Fantasyish?

Jack Burton
January 26th, 2003, 09:39 PM
LOL...good photorealistc animation, but that's about it!

saintjon
January 26th, 2003, 09:52 PM
I was pretty put off by that as well. I was hoping for one of those great FF rivalries between hero and villain, like Cloud and Sephiroth.

Stewart
January 26th, 2003, 09:52 PM
I thought it was a really great movie and the best of the Final Fantasy games are sci-fi in essence.

Miriamele
January 26th, 2003, 10:18 PM
I enjoyed the movie, even though I can understand why it didn't attract an enormous audience.

Like Stewart suggested the games are basically sci-fi in essence, and I think that with the movie they were trying to express some of the themes and situations found in the games only, not create a movie version of the game.

Maybe it would have been better with a great hero-villain rivalry, but I guess they figured that type of storyline was better suited to the game. Anyway, I still think it's a good movie.

kater
January 26th, 2003, 10:37 PM
It was lame - I was really disappointed with pretty much all of it.

milamber_reborn
January 27th, 2003, 01:45 AM
Some of the best animations and overall a good movie, but maybe they should do one with the characters of FFX, with a storyline similar to the games.

Bond
January 27th, 2003, 06:39 AM
I don't understand your comments. I felt it was TOO MUCH like a game. It needed to be more cinematic and it wasn't.

saintjon
January 27th, 2003, 08:34 AM
"The best FF games were sci-fi in nature."

I DISPUTE!!!!!!

The only good sci-fi one I played was 7. 8 was a decent enough game I guess, but shouldn't have had the FF name, as it really didn't live up to it. Junction was too crappy. I don't know why they didn't use 8 to launch a new series, I guess they had a moment of Capcom Syndrome.

I can't really comment on 10, haven't played it. The ability grid is a cool idea, the weapons look totally garbage though. I'd rather spend my PS 2 dollars (if I had one) on Suikoden 3. Plus it's one of the ones where only 3 people at a time can fight right? BAH!!!!

OgreWolf
January 27th, 2003, 08:43 AM
The animations were brilliant, and the movie was OK I guess.

As for the movie: I want the materia system back!