PDA

View Full Version : Which was the best Indiana Jones film?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Stewart
January 30th, 2003, 08:56 PM
The Last Crusade was always my favorite, never really liked the Temple of Doom, it seemed wrong for Indy to battling someone other than Nazi's.

Eldanuumea
January 30th, 2003, 09:28 PM
I would rank them this way:
"Raiders of the Lost Ark"
"Last Crusade"
"Temple of Doom"

The first one is memorable for me for many reasons. The wry humor, the nonstop action, the scruffy hero.......all of that. But also, I was expecting my second child any day, and he was actually running late. My sister took me to see it on the basis that it would bring on my labor! It didn't, but she probably bruises on her arm where I was gripping it.
(Bobby didn't come for another two weeks!)

Daedalusman
January 30th, 2003, 10:10 PM
I would have to say The Last Crusade as well. I thought it had the best action and it kept my attentoin better then the other two. Though I do like them all, its one of my favorite trilogies.

kater
January 30th, 2003, 10:34 PM
Yep LC had a much better storyline than the others imo.

milamber_reborn
January 31st, 2003, 12:00 AM
Last Crusade is the only one they actually bother to show on free-to-air in Perth, so it's the only one I've seen more than once. They all something something good though.

DarthV
January 31st, 2003, 06:51 AM
Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my Top 5 All Time favorite movies! I really liked The Last Crusade, but I still wouldn't put it up there with the Ark.

I haven't seen Temple of Doom in a number of years, but from what I can remember, it wasn't that reached out and grabbed me.

Eldanuumea
January 31st, 2003, 07:08 AM
The whole tear-the-living-heart-out-of-the-chest thing didn't grab me. Too much shock value.....if I am not mistaken, "Temple of Doom" was the film that helped lead to the PG-13 rating because of its intensity.

Merancapeman
January 31st, 2003, 08:10 AM
My favorite would have to be the last crusade. Because not only is it hillarious because Harrison, but it's even funnier because of
Sean Connery!

fluffy bunny
January 31st, 2003, 09:06 AM
Raiders, then LC, then temple

Can't wait for indy 4 even though modern day Lucas still fails to impress and Mr Ford has gotten old. Maybee get Sean Connery again as well?

Merancapeman
January 31st, 2003, 09:14 AM
Yeah, they have Sean connery. Lucas should hang, he better uplift himself by making this one a good movie, WITHOUT having a son for indy, Damned if he does.

Mike