SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

BigBadMick
January 31st, 2003, 03:21 AM
Has anybody seen Joe Millionaire?

It seems to be the ultimate in cruelty TV!!

BigBadMick
(bigbadmick2000@hotmail.com)

Dominus
January 31st, 2003, 09:59 AM
My parents like watching it, so I've seen some of it, it is pretty cruel, and I think that the girl that "wins" is going to either go insane and kill everyone that worked on it (especially Evan) or actually not care, though that is doubtful.:D

kater
January 31st, 2003, 10:13 AM
Nah there's worse coming out on ABC, its called Marrying off America or something close and has people voting for who should marry who, I kid you not.

Dominus
January 31st, 2003, 11:24 AM
That has got to be the most retarded idea for a show ever.:eek: But, there's always some idiot willing to do whatever they can to get on TV, and producers are just out to make money.

saintjon
January 31st, 2003, 02:15 PM
Well, if I were currently watching TV Joe Millionaire would be one of the only shows I'd be watching, the others would be Puppets who Kill, Iron Chef and uhhh... man TV's bad!!!

Anyway, any chick who'd go on TV to marry some dude just cuz he's got lots of cash and looks good, well, let's just say they're flying too low for my sympathy radar. I heard there was ONE girl who was a little down to earth, but the rest are pretty much the type I'd expect to see on something like this.

I think the premise is pretty funny, actually.

Miriamele
January 31st, 2003, 05:49 PM
I agree SJ, when I saw the commercial the first time I laughed really hard. It's a good idea, and those girls are getting what they deserve.

That having been said, I don't plan on watching it. I've never watched any reality TV and I don't suppose I ever will. :)

kater
February 1st, 2003, 12:12 AM
Have to confess to watching the whole series of Tough Enough, if that counts :(

BigBadMick
February 1st, 2003, 02:57 AM
There seems to be a hell of a lot of these cruelty TV shows on the box today. At the end of the day, the only people guaranteed to make money out of it are the producers and the contestants are just the means to do that.

Over here in the UK, the winners of a TV show called Pop Stars, which was designed to pick 5 members of a new pop band, have already split up after less than 2 years together, while the 5 runners up formed their own band and seem to be going from strength to strength.

I feel kind of sorry for the winners of this show - one minute they're just ordinary Joes on the street, then they're nationally recognised pop stars, then they fade into obscurity again, and all in the space of two years.

As Robbie Williams said, these shows mess with peoples lives.

BigBadMick
(bigbadmick2000@hotmail.com)

kegasaurus
February 1st, 2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by kater
Have to confess to watching the whole series of Tough Enough, if that counts :(

Josh should have won the first one, though whats her name in second one, woooooe baby. I love the harvard grad on raw nowadays and Al snow is the king of the world. Should team Al and Mick Foley up again on tough enough 4.

saintjon
February 1st, 2003, 06:24 AM
Man, don't get me started on those pop band shows.

It's not like music producers AREN'T bastards when they aren't on TV, but the show is basically a magnet for people who want to fast-track themselves to fame. Poo on them.

Maybe their lives will get so good and messed up they'll learn some instruments and do some gigs, instead of trying to participate in their own little soap opera on a fundamentally bad show.