PDA

View Full Version : Snippets of your Poetry

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Richardb
February 11th, 2003, 06:23 PM
Hey, everyone writes poetry (don't they?) some good, some bad, but who cares as long as it gets written. What are some of your favorites snippets of poems you have written and why?

My favorite is part of something I wrote for my wife:
Of all things in life,
nothing touches me so deeply
as the way I feel when I look in your eyes.

Not really great poetry, but it captures something for me.

How about all of you folks... surely there are dozens of nice snippets that can be shared to make us thing and evoke some of those warm fuzzies (or other emotions).
Takers?

Gary Wassner
February 12th, 2003, 04:01 PM
If you like, you can take a look at a number of my poems on my own website: http://www.garywassner.com

I write a lot of poetry, both in my books and apart from them.

Richardb
February 12th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Good stuff! I have several dozen bits of poetry, though I don't have anywhere to go see it... some okay, some not, but all worth writing. I too use poetry and song in my fantasy writing as a way to give the world culture and 'reality'. Your stuff is really easy to read and well written. What, in general, is the nature of the books you have writen (sub genre, general plot line, etc) if I may ask?

Gary Wassner
February 12th, 2003, 07:28 PM
You can read a synopsis of the series on the website too. If you want, you can also read the first chapter of Book I.
They are high fantasy, literary fantasy, character driven books. It would be difficult in only a few words to describe them.

I am now almost finished with the fourth book in the series, beyond the 2000th page, so I would not want to try to summarize them here.

Richardb
February 12th, 2003, 10:35 PM
Lazy of me not to look around the site... I'll take a look.

Gary Wassner
February 13th, 2003, 08:47 AM
No prob. i didn't meant to sound as if i didn't want to answer your question. It just makes more sense if you take a look yourself.
Sign the guestbook with your comments if you have a moment. The feedback hekps.