SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Ogg
February 13th, 2003, 03:53 AM
http://www.criterionpic.com/cpl/images/lcl_daredevilposter.jpg

Well, the movie is going to be out tomorrow. Now I know for a fact that we have a huge Ben Affleck, fan club here at sffworld.com. So I don’t want to hear the entire standard…

Affleck must die! or Ben Affleck is like a rash that you just can’t quite itch, Oh I hate him sooooo or the ever popular Ohhhhh, I just love Ben!!!! then there is my personal favorite, I hope Ben chokes to death on some bad blood pudding! I know you all just love to drivel on about Mr. Affleck, but alas this thread is about the movie Dare Devil, not the life and times of Ben.

So Marvel got out of the gate pretty well with Spidermanand the X-men, the Hulk movie has been hotly debated, yet now we have the third offering from Marvel. How will and does it measure up? I will be seeing the movie tomorrow so I’ll give you all a peace of my mind then….

Dominus
February 13th, 2003, 06:33 AM
Who cares about Ben Affleck, I'm going mainly because of Jennifer Garner:):):) Holy crap she is HOT. Anyway, the movie looks sorta cool and stuff....

Rob B
February 13th, 2003, 09:41 AM
I was never a big fan of the DD comic book so I think I will be skipping this one and saving my money for other movies.

The character never really appealed to me.

kegasaurus
February 13th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Dare Devil was always too much of a sooky weenie for my liking...

(Sorry Ogg)

...so he should be well played by Mr Affleck.

fluffy bunny
February 13th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Not convinced by the trailer to be honest- always envisioned DD as a grown up spiderman in a darker world and further to fall. But the trailer just looked like blade 3 to me. And there's the Affleck factor putting me off.

Would like to be proven wrong, but I doubt it

Merancapeman
February 13th, 2003, 11:52 AM
The movie sounds totally dumb, i like ben affleck very much, but with the alias girl... ugh... shes a bad actor and the only reason why they picked her because she was hot!

Dominus
February 13th, 2003, 01:09 PM
REALLY HOT!:D

fluffy bunny
February 13th, 2003, 01:45 PM
But in the comics as a character DD is awesome-
TPBs to look out for are daredeveil visionaries: framk miller volumes 2 and 3

and

the latest hardcover written by Bendis

Even if the film turns out to be naff, the gritty, noiresque crime comics will be there

kater
February 13th, 2003, 02:28 PM
I think DD will be a mixed bag, I think Colin Farrell will be a good bullseye and Garner will pass as Elektra, I think though that Affleck will be too 'good guy' for Murdock, I don't think he can portray DD's demons well enough though this is equivalent to the first comic book. Whoever cast Kingpin did a helluva job though, Clarke Duncan said he got up to 350 pounds for his part and damn he looks it.

saintjon
February 14th, 2003, 02:08 PM
I dunno much about DD, but Elektra, Bullseye and Kingpin are all pretty sweet characters so I'd like to see it, although I'm not especially motivated.

It seemed from the trailer like they cut and pasted a lot of the same stuff that was in Spiderman. Like, oh great guys, ANOTHER kissing scene in the rain for all the teen mags to rave about for 3 months. good call.