PDA

View Full Version : The Last Samurai

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

juzzza
February 18th, 2003, 10:43 AM
There is a short article on this Tom Cruise movie in this month's Total Film.

It sounds pretty cool. Tom is invited by the emperor to teach his soldiers the arts of modern warfare, lots of swords and lots of samurais and lots of Tom's own stunts.

Anyone heard anything about this movie?

kater
February 18th, 2003, 02:54 PM
Yeah they showeda few clips of it on E! and then on TRL a couple of nights ago, it looks pretty good although I'm not suitably convinced about Cruise in this role. If you like the Samurai stuff you have to see the trailer for KIll Bill the new Tarantino film - go to www.apple.com/trailers and then look for it in the list, it looks awesome :D

kahnovitch
February 18th, 2003, 09:59 PM
I haven't heard (or seen) anything about it, but Tom Cruise is a very under-rated actor IMO and I'm sure he's more than capable of any role he portrays. Unfortunately he's been somewhat type-cast by his early days (Top Gun, Cocktail) etc and doesn't get the recognition he deserves or chance to prove he's more that the pre-conceptions people often have about him.

Miriamele
February 18th, 2003, 10:46 PM
My fifth-grade teacher also taught Tom Cruise when he was in seventh grade--that was when he was living in Ottawa. She showed us his picture in the yearbook. He looked pretty geeky, and his name wasn't Tom Cruise...it was Tom Something-Long-and-Polish-Sounding.

Gee, I feel like I know him...:D

Seriously though, I hadn't heard about The Last Samurai, but it sounds like it could be really intriguing. I'll have to agree with Kahn that Tom is actually a good actor. Anyway if samurai are in it then it can't be bad...

Eldanuumea
February 19th, 2003, 03:24 PM
I agree, Miriamele.....as long as it is about samaurai, I will probably get into it. And I agree with Kahn about Cruise's underrated acting. Think of his performance in "The Firm."

Lifino
February 19th, 2003, 03:43 PM
I too saw the material on E. Looks very cool

I've got no prob with Cruise. If you ask me the man has more than proven his ability to carry an action movie...